Best bang for the buck wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

, but for 100 bucks it's perfectly fine for keeping warm,
Pattern looks real similar to the older Camaro hooded line and those are very good suits but pricey. If that's $100, it's a steal and worth a chance buy !

If that's $100, it's a steal and worth a chance buy !
Just temper your expectations when buying stuff straight from China. Might take a month or two to get to your door. Customer service? Non-existent, and only to be attempted as a last resort. I've had plenty of good experiences buying chinese stuff but if you're the type that wants to be able to call and complain if something isn't right, don't bother.

As for this suit, I still use it when I dive wet and I think I got it when it was around 80 a few years ago.. Pretty solid. Best suit ever? Nah. But when I'm on a boat the feeling of 200-300 extra bucks in my pocket compensates.

Sidenote, I got this for my ex years ago and A) it looks amazing and B) also solid quality

Side Side note: Actually read the measurements when ordering. Asian Large is more like USA Small

My experience with wetsuits started during Open Water lake dives in a light snow storm. I tried 4 different suits that weekend, until the LDS came up with a XS Scuba 7mm farmer john in 4XL. I purchased this suit after the class. It's tighter than I'd like through the shoulders, and way baggy in the butt, but it was a rack grade suit that fit. I've since bought a replacement of the same model, and a 3mil shorty also XS Scuba 4XL for temperate water. My requirements were simple -- warm enough for 38 degree water, big enough to breathe in. If I absolutely had to, I would have gone custom, but fortunately I found a big enough suit from XS Scuba. My major complaint is the horrendous amount of ballast I need to have a safe safety stop, which leaves me significantly negative at 100+ ft for the beginning of the dive. I've since bought a DUI drysuit, but this past summer for RD class I opted for the 7mm wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom