Question Best airfares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ukmc

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
Is there a web site out there that allows to search airfares for the large region - let’s say an entire Caribbean?
I am flexible with dates. There are a number of Caribbean dive locations I would be happy to spend a week at. However, how do I find the best airfare casting such a broad net?

I think your best bet would be to go to a site like Expedia or Kayak & select your dates & departure location & then just plug in different destinations & compare. Some say to use "Private" or "incognito" browsing since that deletes all cookies. Some say it might result in lower fares by the time you are ready to book. Others say that it doesn't. As with many things, YMMV.

Is there a web site out there that allows to search airfares for the large region - let’s say an entire Caribbean?
I am flexible with dates. There are a number of Caribbean dive locations I would be happy to spend a week at. However, how do I find the best airfare casting such a broad net?
Google Flights. Hit the "explore" tab, input your departure city but not the destination. The map populates with the whole world. Use the zoom in and out and drag your mouse around to explore. It's pretty cool when your destination is not set.

If you're somewhere where JetBlue flies , their fares vary enormously from one day to the next. I flew Turks and Caicos from JFK on Thursday for $149.... Friday was $750.
St Martin to JFK Sunday was $750 less than Saturday.
There's a website called the Hopper where you can enter a search and they'll notify you also

I tend to book direct through JetBlue or Delta for Caribbean travel, ever since a credit card fraud issue that appears to have been the result of a data breach at cheap tickets.com. I find them to be the most reasonable in most cases. Maybe figure some dates and places that interest you and plug them in and see.
Time consuming, but may be worth it in the long run if you have the time and patience.

We fly American - have the AA credit card and try to get to a level that will get us upgrades and have had good luck with it - and have noticed that the prices to Cozumel vary greatly depending on which day of the week you are willing to fly. Also, it changes over the seasons. Right now I think Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days, but it's been Wednesday and Thursday. Sunday seems to always be bad, if not the worst day. Flexibility helps, whatever airline you're flying. With Southwest you can open their entire calendar and look for the least expensive flights by month, for months at a time.

I use JetBlue best fare finder to check and compare best airfare to places like Curacao, caymans t&c and FL.

I use JetBlue best fare finder to check and compare best airfare to places like Curacao, caymans t&c and FL.
Is JetBlue like Frontier, and they add a fee for each add-on? It's nice to have options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom