Best 3mm Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Revid1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a 3mm wetsuit to wear in the Caribbean. I have had a ScubaPro suit for years, but am looking for something new. It seems that this XL is so tight in the arms that it cause my veins to enlarge to the point of being very uncomfortable. Looking for a suit that won't be as tight. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I was just looking at a dive skin that the manufacurer says acts like a 2mm. Could this be a replacement for a 3mm? Just don't want to be cold on that second dive. Water temp is usually around 80. Air temp about the same.

Bare makes a great wetsuit. I like their core warmers, too. A good combination is a
5mm core warmer and a 3mm or 5mm suit. That gives you a lot of latitude if the water is not as warm as you expected.

Jeff

I would recommend you to buy a suit that is stretchy and comfortable and most importantly suits your body shape.
You can spend more the $300 for a 3mm just to find out it is not fitting you.
I use Gul wetsuit which is actually a surf manufacturer, it fits me perfectly and it costed me £90 so when it gets compressed or wears out I will just buy another one
The warmth of a 3 mm wetsuit depends entirely on the fit so don't waste money on strange materials just to find out water flushes in. Go into a real shop if you have fit issues and try it on

I was just looking at a dive skin that the manufacurer says acts like a 2mm. Could this be a replacement for a 3mm? Just don't want to be cold on that second dive. Water temp is usually around 80. Air temp about the same.

If you are going to do multiple dives over a week long period you will likely be better off in a full 3mm suit unless you are a well -insulated, cold- resistant person.

Appreciate the replies. I usually do multiple dives during the week of vacation, so it sounds like I need a 3mm. Just don't like the squeeze that I've experienced in the past. What do others do when there isn't a dive shop in the area that stocks them? Thanks.

Pinnacle Merino Elastiprene.

Not sure if this is the exact same wetsuit that Jim is referring to but I rented a 3 mil Pinnacle Merino wetsuit a year ago for a dive on the Oriskany. It was the only wetsuit I could find to fit me in an hours notice after I realized the neck seal on my drysuit was beyond repair. Water temp was 72, my total dive time was an hour, and I had no warmth issues. With that said, it may be a bit toasty for me at 80 degrees where I normally use a shorty for multiple dives. But it is a wetsuit I will buy for me or my family the next time we need one.

Have a good trip.

I recommend you take a look at Henderson Hyperstretch H2...........

We have older 5-mil Hyperstretches and it is the only wetsuit that my darling bride says is both easy on/off and keeps her warm............

They have consistently been one of Scuba Diver magazines top wetsuit........

Hope this helps............M

Henderson - H2 Titanium | Scuba Diving Magazine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom