Bermuda Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to Bermuda on a cruise in mid October and might want to go for a couple of dives. Will be docked at King's Wharf for 2 days so have no problem making arrangements with a dive shop on my own. Looking for recommendations for dive sites and dive ops. Also for exposure protection, if any is needed, not sure the water temps in October. Not a big fan of cattle boat ops. Thanks in advance.

:jaws:

Blue Water Divers is closest to Kings Wharf. You can find them on Facebook.

They're close but be prepared for the mooing on deck.

There used to be a very good but expensive liveaboard cruising the Bermuda dive sites. We did this back in 2007 but predictably, they could not afford to go on for long. As for now, I agree that Blue Water Divers & Watersports are the best option.

Diving is very good around Bermuda with lots of accessible wrecks, some coral and abundant fish life. The water is surprisingly warm for that far north of the Caribbean, probably due to the influence of the Gulf Stream.

I'll be on a RCCL cruise next week and will be spending 2 days in Bermuda. I am going diving one of the days and was wondering what the water temperatures will be like. Is a shorty sufficient? Going on the ship's scuba dive excursion.

I dived in Bermuda in September and a 2.5mm shorty was certainly enough. But late October might be pushing it a bit. You might be better off in a 5mm full.

Try to dive the Marie Celeste wreck (no, not that Marie Celeste). One of the best wreck dives in the world. The Lartington wreck is also good.

One other thing to remember while going to Bermuda is that it will be an expensive holiday. Flights are usually expensive and cost of living on the island is high. Goods often cost more than in the US and Europe.

He's on a cruise. Flights irrelevant and food even less so...

Goods ALWAYS cost more in BDA than almost anywhere - they import everything and tax it to death.

Flights from the US to BDA are generally quite cheap anyway. (I know I know - no so for the UK).

Thanks to all but the cruise was rerouted to Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John New Brunswick, thanks to hurricane Gonzalo, so where the good diving is was not an issue. My dry suit is a little bulky to travel with. My Bermuda cruise turned into a Brrrmuda cruise! .Hope all SB members in Bermuda are safe and sound.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom