Bermuda Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be visiting in a few weeks. I am coming to visit on the Norwegian Dawn. Has anyone been diving with Fantasea? Do you know how much it costs to rent a scooter per day? Also I am traveling with a non diving friend. Could you recommend any gardens to visit? Thanks!:)

I have not dove with Fantasea, but understand that they are the company that contracts with ship companies.
You'll dock at the Royal Naval Dock Yard - and Fantasea will pick you up, if you go through the ship. I've
only dove with Dive Bermuda - great folks, but about a $25.00 taxi ride from the dock yard. They do not pick-up
and you can't take dive gear on a bus. Scooters are all around the island and can be rented right at the dock yard!
Don't know the price - sorry, never used them. The driving on the island can be a bit dangerous - so be sure that
you know what your doing. Roads very narrow, curved, very little if any shoulders. Oh yes - and they drive on the left.
Last trip, in May, several people injuried while riding them.
However, it's a great island, very nice diving and the people are wonderful!
Enjoy your self.

Try the Botanical Garden. Also nice walk between Horseshoe Bay (next to Southampton Princess where Dive Bermuda is) and Warwick Long Bay.

Just confirming/agreeing with the "be VERY careful if you want to rent scooters" for all the reasons Marine9 stated.
Also a big + for the Botanical Gardens.
Finally, while not a garden, there are some nice stores/parks on Front Street in Hamilton. (My SO is also a non diver!)

The water temp registered 80F yesterday (5th). The air temp has cooled somewhat so we had anything between 2.5mm shorty to 5m on the boat. I was in 3/2 full suit with a 2.5mm vest and was a bit cold in the 2nd dive. Husband was in 5mm with hood (which others did make fun of).

2 questions to a native. I dove your beautiful island only once ,before I was certified and loved it. I am a little more seasoned and was wondering about Triangle Divers? I try to avoid the "cattle boats" and I read some good reviews about them. I will be there on a cruise 6/18-6/20. Also, some distressing advice from the CDC, about needing a Typhoid and Hepatitis A shot if going into your oceans, especially the south shore. I was devastated to hear that as I feel your Island is a great beauty. Can you give me any advice on these subjects?:D

June is a perfect time to dive! I was surprised by the cdc advice... Bermuda is pretty spotless. In the old days they used to dump sewage into the ocean which I am guessing this is referring to.

Getting ill on holiday is the worst and those two jabs are prob good ones generally but I can't help but feel it's a bit much.

Triangle is a good shop though will be quite far for you to get to from the cruse ship. I dive with Southampton Princess hotel shop Dive Bermuda and it's a good operation - you'll be able to get there by bus in one go. Blue Water's owner changed apparently a while back and I'm hearing good reports from friends but I cannot vouch for them myself. Blue Water will be the closest.

Triangle has a small boat so can be a bit cramped. The boat ride is longer too. I do like the reefs they dive better. Dive Bermuda has larger boat, shorter ride, towel and shower facility.

Hope this helps...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info! DW and I always get the ferry and bus pass and, if the old schedule is still good, I hope to get the first ferry to St. George and either walk or taxi to Triangle. I may also check out the hotel shop you mentioned and Blue Water. :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom