Beqa Fiji Sept 2009 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My research shows that they do not have trox according to their web site ( i sure wish they did )Sask did you lay your eyes on some when you were there. Did you also manage to see " Diet coke / Coke lite " at the resort. my Wife will take diet coke over trox any day LOL

Contact the resort direct is my advice. They had coke, not sure about diet. They will respond to emails.

Saspatato - thanks for the trip report! Sure does look like a nice place.

We are going in 7 weeks and for me Nitrox is pretty important. At this point they do NOT have any... Diet coke is alsoo on the 'list' :)

Ray

rbahr thanks as i understand it from You there is no diet coke . as for trox i am also very partial to it . i also understand that the shore dives are quite shallow in compared to the boat dives do you dive with a computer . i know we plan to get in about 4-5 dives / day and I will be watching mine just a little bit closer . i might have to actually plan my dives LOL

Anybody know whether money is really needed at the resort aside from picking up snacks enroute to the snacks

adpfam:

We were there in November. There is a small store in the nearby village of Rukua that had some nice craft type items for sale. Some of the residents also sell out of their houses. Another local person had a stand set up along the footpath that goes from the resort to the school.

I never got close to NDL. My average depth was quite shallow, 10m or so as a lot of the good stuff was shallow. Shore dives have max depth of 7m.

There is a store so money helps. Also I brought cash to leave for the staff's Christmas fund.

Hi adpfam

We do dive with computers - it is just that we tend to be limited by bottom time not tank size - my wife uses 63's and can easily stay down @ 50 ft for 1 hour / 15min...

The other thing is that I just feel better when I dive Nitrox...

Ray

Your wifes got good lungs with my camera i burn through my 80 in 50 mins . i heard that about trox but i never found the research to support it . i never have dove 4-5 times per day on air so im embarking on new territory. trox for us gives us a added level of safety . But as sask states the best stuff is shallow ,il likley get cold even with our 3mm full and new vest , long before we run out of gas .
im unsure did you say that they do not stock DIET COKE

They have Coke Lite the out of US equivalent to Diet Coke! They do not have the resources for Nitrox! If the World Economy was better maybe some day? Take some cash for trinkets, but not needed in the resort!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom