Beqa Fiji Sept 2009 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im going to be there in early apr does anybody have a bug report either in or out of the water

Saspotato:
The bugs weren't too much of a problem on most days but bug repellent is a good idea just in case.

I brought tropical strength RID.

Not sure what you mean by in the water.

thanks ,sea lice jellys ect

Didn't encounter any at all. But I was diving a different time of year. Though I did a *tonne* of research before my and didn't come across anything of note about sea lice or jellies. So I think you will be fine.

Enjoy your trip.

great report saspotato I took a look at your photos awesome pics. looks like you didnt use a strobe. great color . what kind of internet do they have , would i be able to hook up my laptop for a reasonable price for phone calls , up loads ect

Cell phone service (Their own Tower) is new to the Island, the resort does have Internet for a reasonable price in the office, but no WiFi! You might contact your carrier to see if a Laptop Card will be usable?

BTW in ten years of visiting and diving around the islands have never had a Sea Lice or Jelly problem!
820__MG_0017_Beqa_Lagoon_Resort_Fiji_07.jpg

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if Nitrox is available at Beqa?

Thanks

Ray

great report saspotato I took a look at your photos awesome pics. looks like you didnt use a strobe. great color . what kind of internet do they have , would i be able to hook up my laptop for a reasonable price for phone calls , up loads ect

Thanks :) Yea I don't have a strobe :( They had internet in the office for a reasonable cost and speed but it is flaky. Don't count on it working all of the time as occassionally it went down.

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if Nitrox is available at Beqa?

Thanks

Ray

Yep. I never used it myself though so not sure of the cost. You can confirm by writing to the resort though, they are fast at email replies in my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom