Beneath the Sea vendor prices - any good.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Water Divers was there as was another store from the NE. No Cressi, no Mares, no Henderson, no Gear Aid, lots of MIAs. Scubapro booth was an absolute joke. Sherwood had two suitcases and not much else. Huish had a decent booth as did DUI and DRIS.

Caribbean booths were mostly representative of an entire island and information free.

The last two aisles are a complete waste of time and have not changed in years. Is anyone really interested in spending time at the Women’s Diving Hall of Fame booth or gazing at children’s fish drawings?

I got a free Shearwater slapstrap and battery removal tool - highlight of the show for me.

I’ve been going for over 10 years - never again.

Blue Water Divers was there as was another store from the NE. No Cressi, no Mares, no Henderson, no Gear Aid, lots of MIAs. Scubapro booth was an absolute joke. Sherwood had two suitcases and not much else. Huish had a decent booth as did DUI and DRIS.

Caribbean booths were mostly representative of an entire island and information free.

The last two aisles are a complete waste of time and have not changed in years. Is anyone really interested in spending time at the Women’s Diving Hall of Fame booth or gazing at children’s fish drawings?

I got a free Shearwater slapstrap and battery removal tool - highlight of the show for me.

I’ve been going for over 10 years - never again.
The problem is that BTS are pricing themselves out of scuba entities , charging upward of $1800 per table. If you advertise yourself as the biggest Scuba show in the USA-then actually promote Scuba diving-we as divers o to show to view all the new toys and talk to reps-Boston Sea Rovers was a better show and it was only a fractio of the size of BTS.

The problem is that BTS are pricing themselves out of scuba entities , charging upward of $1800 per table. If you advertise yourself as the biggest Scuba show in the USA-then actually promote Scuba diving-we as divers o to show to view all the new toys and talk to reps-Boston Sea Rovers was a better show and it was only a fractio of the size of BTS.

Good comments.

Boston Sea Rovers is a show for local divers. The oldest in the country.

BTS is a money maker for the promoters.

The charges for the various BTS events are way out of line.

With the show now being mostly travel and trinkets fewer attend.

Good comments.

Boston Sea Rovers is a show for local divers. The oldest in the country.

BTS is a money maker for the promoters.

The charges for the various BTS events are way out of line.

With the show now being mostly travel and trinkets fewer attend.
I agree with you 100% , hopefully BTS starts to figure this out, this yars show was about 25% smaller than last year-see all the extra space to tables at end plus pool eats up a ton
of booth space- At least at Boston Sea Rovers they have a pool onsite at hotel, plus I would like to know what percentage of people doing "try" scuba go onto Open Water certification..

I wonder how many BTS vendors are no longer in business, like me, and how many just didn’t show for the weather, like Ultimate Getaway?

I wonder how many BTS vendors are no longer in business, like me, and how many just didn’t show for the weather, like Ultimate Getaway?

You're probably correct but Mares, Cressi, XS Scuba, Henderson, Diverite, PrincetonTec are all still in business and have been at previous shows. Their absence spoke volumes. On the whole, the booths were awful. Real budget affairs: Scubapro had a G2 computer and nothing else.

Paying $35 to see a bunch of jewelry and do-rags don't cut it for me.

I'm going to BTS this Saturday. I'm in the market for a good dive compass. I'm wondering if the prices at BTS might be any better than on-line?

I don't know if DAN does this for other trade shows but when we attend the OWU show in Chicago every year, we get a discount on admission prices by showing your DAN card.

I don't think they advertise it, but one year the ticket seller asked for our DAN cards, and we've been getting the discount ever since.

You're probably correct but Mares, Cressi, XS Scuba, Henderson, Diverite, PrincetonTec are all still in business and have been at previous shows. Their absence spoke volumes. On the whole, the booths were awful. Real budget affairs: Scubapro had a G2 computer and nothing else.

Paying $35 to see a bunch of jewelry and do-rags don't cut it for me.
you are so right only real reason o go is too meet friends and go to a couple of Seminars-the workshops are so overpriced...

I don't know if DAN does this for other trade shows but when we attend the OWU show in Chicago every year, we get a discount on admission prices by showing your DAN card.

I don't think they advertise it, but one year the ticket seller asked for our DAN cards, and we've been getting the discount ever since.

Yeah. $5 discount-been doing that for years...

Yeah. $5 discount-been doing that for years...
thanks -got to remember that for next year. Also I always updated my DAN membership at BTS and they gave a free hat or something-not this year-charging $10 for hat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom