Beneath the Sea vendor prices - any good.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a whole catalog full of candy right there!
Walking into the shop is more fun than walking into a leather shop off of Bourbon Street. Take my word for it if you don't wander into leather shops.

Walking into the shop is more fun than walking into a leather shop off of Bourbon Street. Take my word for it if you don't wander into leather shops.
Great! Now I have something to do while nursing hangovers from the night before on Bourbon.

Haven't been in years to BTS but the few times I went I left with a whole day pack of freebies including the day pack from Aggressor and little stuff such as cases, beer cozies, pens, stickers - the usual trade show stuff. Don't forget free raffles for more substantive stuff.

@pconsidine was right. BTS is not the place to shop for dive gear. At least 80% of exhibitors were resorts/LOB/travel agents - none of which I could take advantage of because I travel and dive solo and they are all double occupancy. Probably another 15% were manufacturers that were only promoting their products and not selling anything. Of the maybe 5% actually selling anything - most were selling lycra head coverings, womens bathing suits, and seriously old stock, seriously off size neoprene.

The single vender selling dive equipment was about half actual equipment (very limited types and selection) and half flea market type stuff. I did buy a couple of Best Divers very strong magnetic hose keepers for $10 each. Wish I had bought a few more. They are $21-$27 on line.

Got home and ordered a DGX Delux Pro compass from Dive Gear Express, a pair of QR straps to mount it from LeisurePro, and a glow in the dark tank knob to put on my slob knob from Amazon. Thank goodness for on-line.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdb
@pconsidine was right. BTS is not the place to shop for dive gear. At least 80% of exhibitors were resorts/LOB/travel agents - none of which I could take advantage of because I travel and dive solo and they are all double occupancy. Probably another 15% were manufacturers that were only promoting their products and not selling anything. Of the maybe 5% actually selling anything - most were selling lycra head coverings, womens bathing suits, and seriously old stock, seriously off size neoprene.

The single vender selling dive equipment was about half actual equipment (very limited types and selection) and half flea market type stuff. I did buy a couple of Best Divers very strong magnetic hose keepers for $10 each. Wish I had bought a few more. They are $21-$27 on line.

Got home and ordered a DGX Delux Pro compass from Dive Gear Express, a pair of QR straps to mount it from LeisurePro, and a glow in the dark tank knob to put on my slob knob from Amazon. Thank goodness for on-line.
Yes I have to agree with you Beneath The Seas has gotten smaller and smaller and could not believe people selling roof gutters & roofing contactors. There was no deals to be had-Dive Right in Scuba had a limited stock-better to shop online since would not pay sales tax. It seems like 80-90% of show is made up of dive travel and not one local dive shop there.

... not one local dive shop there.

I think there was one - from Long Island if I'm not mistaken. BUT, little in the way of anything but flea market type stuff. Won't be going in the future.

I think there was one - from Long Island if I'm not mistaken. BUT, little in the way of anything but flea market type stuff. Won't be going in the future.
That was LIDA a LI dive club and the only thing worthwhile about BTS is the sat. night Film Festival, that is always awesome but the after party is a total joke-a cash bar even for sodas and a couple of 6 ft. heros-no sides or chips.

You are right. Not a vender - it was a sive club. Oh well.

My travelmates went to the Film Fest. After getting up at 4am, riding for 3 hours, searching through the exhibiters, a workshop, and dinner I made the mistake of sitting down on the bed to watch the news. I woke up just before 10pm. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom