Beneath the Sea vendor prices - any good.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kharon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to BTS this Saturday. I'm in the market for a good dive compass. I'm wondering if the prices at BTS might be any better than on-line?

Better than online? I wouldn't guess. Are you looking for the best compass or a cheap compass? I'm not being snarky, if you're looking for the best, you want the rigged compass from Diver's Supply, Gretna LA, catalog page 129 Item 'N'

The "Best Price" will not be at BTS.

The biggest discount is a phone call away at Leisure Pro, DRIS, Scubatoys.

Always better prices on the phone.

there will only be a couple of venders selling goods at BTS- such as Dive Right Scuba and limited stock. try online first either Dive Right in Scuba or Dive Gear Express. These 2 places are actual shops with training and servicing as opposed to LP which is just a retailer..

Get your best prices online, and call a few dealers so that you can shop wisely, then shop around at BTS.

You may or may not get a better price at BTS, but is never hurts to shop for the best deal, and talk to dealers, so you know exactly what you are shopping for.

Actually, the compass I probably want is a DGX and they aren't going to the show. Can't identify the DIvers Supply Inc. rigged compass you are talking about. What do you mean by rigged?

I've eliminated Sunto and Oceanic from reviews. Actually I might consider the Sherwood Wisdom but I like the face of the DGX better.

I'll probably look at the Sherwood at the show and go from there.

Whoops - looks like Sherwood is made by Oceanic (or their owner). Is that right?

Last edited:
Actually, the compass I probably want is a DGX and they aren't going to the show. Can't identify the DIvers Supply Inc. rigged compass you are talking about. What do you mean by rigged?

I've eliminated Sunto and Oceanic from reviews. Actually I might consider the Sherwood Wisdom but I like the face of the DGX better.

I'll probably look at the Sherwood at the show and go from there.
It isn't the Diver's Supply with the big online web presence. Look up Diver's Supply in Gretna LA. They have an online catalog. Look on whatever page I referenced. They are hard to find, and they are a commercial dive supplier, not recreational. Rigged means it's ready to use.

It isn't the Diver's Supply with the big online web presence. Look up Diver's Supply in Gretna LA. They have an online catalog. Look on whatever page I referenced. They are hard to find, and they are a commercial dive supplier, not recreational. Rigged means it's ready to use.

Found it. Thanks. Got to look for DiversSupplyInc.com - problem is their site is down till unknown when. Also, the picture in the downloaded pdf catalog is blurry. No way to really tell what it looks like and no price or way to order. Guess I'll wait till saturday at BTS and look around. If I don't find anything there that rings my chimes I'll order the DGX when I get home.

That's a whole catalog full of candy right there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom