Beneath the Sea - Outing opportunity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah we must have been at that Reef Scuba booth for nearly an hour!!!

That new Halcyon light was pretty nice too. The one that's in Rodales this month, with the fixed beam. But I'll wait and see how Scott's home made job comes out first.

Also tried out some of the DUI dry gloves, maybe next season when it gets cold again.

Saw the housing for the other Canon, not the one I have.

And saw a pretty nice new computer from Oceanic. Not actually on display, but the rep had one and on. Small wrist mount, hoseless air integrated, gas switching with up to 3 transmitters. Very cool!

Terkel and Chris (at Tech-Blue) are really cool peoples. I did buy Terkel's spring straps! I liked the fact that they are so much softer than myManta straps, and they have the cave line inside to prevent overstretching - nice touch. I got the ones with the clear tube on it, and he said I will be one of a few people with the clear ones since his current production is all black now.

Have you guys check out his light can? I got mine back in December, and Terkel told me I am actually the first one on the east coast to have one. The light is awesome! I also just retuned from SoCal, and everybody on the boat was checking out my light!

you can see my SoCal pics in the gallery section.

docmartin:
what a zoo it was. as i feared i did not make it in time for our 8:30 gathering. when i arrived at 10:30 the place was packed. unfortunately i did not see any wreckers. stocked up on miscellaneous items at reef scuba. it was nice to see all the gear although most of it was nothing new. however, terkel was at the techblue booth and he showed his brand new fin straps which are hands-down the niftiest design there is. i was very tempted to throw mine away and get them. in the end i held back after having already spent a small fortune on numerous magazine subscriptions (incl. a new scuba travel mag on DVD with great footage). otherwise, i really liked the new diving concepts Z series suit. it comes in all cordura, looks extremely well made and durable and retails in stock sizes for $1200 with front entry and telescoping torso. too bad i already got two drysuits. i hope they'll develop irreparable leaks in the near future.

ScottyK:
Martin- That's hysterical! We must have been circling each other all morning :D

I did, and looked at all the same stuff. Stocked up at Reef Scuba too. I got a big spool of #24 nylon line and a bunch of SS bolt snaps and bungie. You should have got there earlier. I got to talk with the author of Deep Descent, and all the mfgr. reps were showing me new products and letting me try stuff on. A few hours later, you couldn't even get to some of the popular booths.

I also suscribed to ADM and the new one with the CD-Rom enclosed. It was on the table right before you got into the main room. We also joined LIDA (long Island Divers Association), which I've been meaning to do for some time.

I'm glad you had a good time, and we'll get to hook up again soon anyway. Dive season's a comin!!!!

Glad to see you joined LIDA. I was there all weekend, but did take several trips around the show when we had excess volunteers.

We picked the winners for the boat trips. I didn't note the names of the winners, but they will be called to pick up their prize.

If you missed the opportunity to join at the show, you can always download the application form from the web site (http://www.lidaonline.com/main.htm) and mail it in. We can always use the support.

Dont forget we will be having our Film Festival in NOvember.

DEEPLOU:
Dont forget we will be having our Film Festival in NOvember.

Hey Lou,

Glad to finally be a member. I hope there's something else good going on sometime before November :eyebrow:

Scott

Scotty,
Glad u joined we need the support. Remember LIDA is not a club, its a "voice" that tries to work for divers and divning on LI.

Do you belong to any club? Which one?
I will be starting the season abt first week of May.

Hey Lou,

I know, I was just breaking your horns :D

I'm bitter because I just missed the tour of the hyperbaric chamber.

The only club I belong to is this one. A lot of the guys who post here really do get together and dive. Hopefully we'll run into each other when the season gets in swing.

ScottyK:
I'm bitter because I just missed the tour of the hyperbaric chamber.

Scott, you still have a chance to get a full tour of all hyper-baric chambers at the Westchester Medical Center and then some! They have a one day seminar that gained a huge popularity among the dive community in this area.

check out http://www.lifesupporttechnologies.com/ and register for DIVE DAY SEMINAR: Saturday April 24th ($25) and if you wish also Sunday, April 25th ($40 for both days)

I have personally attended it in the last two years, and I must say it is a must to for every diver.

here is what's covered:

Dive Day - Saturday, April 24, 2004
Diving Physiology, Safety, and Emergencies
- Dos and Don’ts for divers
- Diving Emergencies
- Development of Decompression Tables
- Oxygen for the Diver
- Gas Mixes
- Technical Diving

Day 1 – Diving Medicine
Sunday, April 25, 2004 8:00am to 5:00pm
- DCS and DCI
- Physics and Physiology of Diving and Hyperbaric Pressures
- Development of Decompression Tables
- Decompression Sickness and Treatment
- History and Future
- Barotrauma and Air Embolism
- Fitness to Dive
- Diving Medicine Anecdotes

You'll also get a tour of Chambers, their evac helicopters, etc.. fun stuff.

-VT

VT- Thanks, that sounds like it'll be a fascinating two days!

Jen and I will probably do this. If any of you Wreckers want to join us, let me know.

BTW- I'm still planning on making the DIR presentation on the 14th. I'll see you there.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom