Beneath the Sea - Outing opportunity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T-shirts are finally up. There 3 different designs.
http://www.cafeshops.com/wvd1
http://www.cafeshops.com/wvd2
http://www.cafeshops.com/wvd3

Cafe Press told me they usually take about 7 days to order, so if you order in the next few days, you should be able to get them in time for BTS. If you don't want to take a chance rush deliver should take about 3 days.

Also I should have more stuff up later tonight or tomorrow. Hats, stickers, and in light of the current weather...sweatshirts!

Hi,
My fiance and I will be attending Beneath the Sea as we only live a few minutes away. It would be cool to meet some of the faces of the people who I seem to know from your posts. Hope to see some of you there.
Colleen

Im going both saturday and Sunday. Sunday morning Im going to the seminar on mantees : )
Big surprise there huh?

Manatee Lover:
Hi,
My fiance and I will be attending Beneath the Sea as we only live a few minutes away. It would be cool to meet some of the faces of the people who I seem to know from your posts. Hope to see some of you there.
Colleen

Drop by Booth #319 and say hello

Manatee Lover:
Im going both saturday and Sunday. Sunday morning Im going to the seminar on mantees : )
Big surprise there huh?

My Fiance and I will be there Saturday. We can't make it Sunday, but are going snorkeling with the manatees in about two weeks :wink:

We do it every time we can get down to Florida. They're amazing creatures. Hopefully some of us will have our Wreck Valley T-shirts on. Stop up and say hi if you can find us. My lady Jen will talk Manatees and diving with you all day :D

jaime:
I just discovered that DAN is offering $5 off admission to BTS for its members. The coupon is on their website (it's also being emailed to anyone who signed up for email updates on BTS). I figure it's $5 more to spend inside.

do we need to bring our DAN card or just the printed coupon?

what a zoo it was. as i feared i did not make it in time for our 8:30 gathering. when i arrived at 10:30 the place was packed. unfortunately i did not see any wreckers. stocked up on miscellaneous items at reef scuba. it was nice to see all the gear although most of it was nothing new. however, terkel was at the techblue booth and he showed his brand new fin straps which are hands-down the niftiest design there is. i was very tempted to throw mine away and get them. in the end i held back after having already spent a small fortune on numerous magazine subscriptions (incl. a new scuba travel mag on DVD with great footage). otherwise, i really liked the new diving concepts Z series suit. it comes in all cordura, looks extremely well made and durable and retails in stock sizes for $1200 with front entry and telescoping torso. too bad i already got two drysuits. i hope they'll develop irreparable leaks in the near future.

Martin- That's hysterical! We must have been circling each other all morning :D

I did, and looked at all the same stuff. Stocked up at Reef Scuba too. I got a big spool of #24 nylon line and a bunch of SS bolt snaps and bungie. You should have got there earlier. I got to talk with the author of Deep Descent, and all the mfgr. reps were showing me new products and letting me try stuff on. A few hours later, you couldn't even get to some of the popular booths.

I also suscribed to ADM and the new one with the CD-Rom enclosed. It was on the table right before you got into the main room. We also joined LIDA (long Island Divers Association), which I've been meaning to do for some time.

I'm glad you had a good time, and we'll get to hook up again soon anyway. Dive season's a comin!!!!

Back
Top Bottom