Beneath the Sea NJ Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decapoddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone gone recently and is it worth going to? I'm doing Sea Rovers already but I keep hearing about BTS. It's WAY farther away and I would need to take time off from work to go sooooo.... anyone? Thanks!

Scott

Used to work the show for a light company - it is huge. You can pick up a lot of information, buy some gear and eat a lot. It is far, so probally an overnight trip..

Eric

Used to work the show for a light company

Sartek????

I have attended with the boat I crew for for the past three years and am looking forward to going agan. Its good to see a lot of the equipment that might not be stocked by a LDS. Its fun and there are usaly some good lectures. It would probly be more enjoyable to get a group togther and split costs and such.

Salty,

That be the one. Wanna RSV-1? kidding. I was doing the Sales and Marketing thing with them. Which boat did you crew with?

Eric

I know Carl and George fairly well.
Carl has been on the boat a few time and Georg and Nancy are out a few times each year.
Ill PM you the boat name in case I ever want to come on and vent about a trip or perticular passenger:)

I went last year, and I had a good time. It was sort of spur of the moment; got my hotel room reserved about a week in advance [actually two one night rooms, and had to check out and back in]. Blew off work and went down.

I enjoyed it... tons bigger than SeaRovers. Only problem was the vast amount of travel stuff in the show; and they were relentless... coming out into the aisle to try and sucker you in. I took to asking their water temp, and when received I pointed out that it was (X - 50) degrees too warm :)

I met a bunch of people, chatted with Kevin McMurray for a while and got him to come up to the MWDC Wrecks conference last year. Kept in touch with him all year and now I've got him coming back this year to speak.

Let me know if you decide to head down; I had a little trouble finding drinkin' buddies last time!

but I'm not a drinker (I'm a Paramedic. I see WAY too often what drinking can do if done poorly and I'm a poor drinker:D. I need to check with work and see if I can get that Saturday off but it sounds like it might be worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom