Belmont Hot Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedoggie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone been diving in Belmont hot springs, Utah?

It seems like a trip to Utah with a day at Seabase, a day at Homestead, and a day at Belmont, might be a good winter road trip.

yea that does sounds like some fun....hit me up if u guys plan something :) maybe ill have to take a day off from school :wink:

hello, im from utah and I am an instructor so I have dove at all three spots numerous times. All three are interesting in their own ways. Belmont springs is probably the least exciting of the three. The crater is by far the deepest maxing out at about 65 ft. Seabase is kind of fun because of the imported tropical fish, visibility is not usually great but it's always fun to see nurse sharks in Utah. All three spots are definately worth diving at least once. Blue Lake out near Wendover is another fun warm, water destination in Utah. Water is about 70 degrees year round and is quite a bit larger than the other three sites with a few species of fish and plenty of sculptures and artifacts to entertain you for many dives. Happy diving and maybe I'll see you out here in Utah

Thanks for the info.
So it sounds like diving Belmont is like eating Spam.....if you are really hungry its OK!

If we are all the way out there, it may be worth hitting all 4 places.

I like spam! Fry it up and slap it between a couple peices of toast and you have yourself a sanwich!

It has been awhile but... Water temp, 90 degrees. Bottom is up and down alot. Max depth around 30 feet. Vis, varies usually 10-0 feet. Size, just a little puddle. Altitude about 4200 feet above sea level. Indoor changing facilities and a hot shower afterwards. Think of it as an underwater hot tub and you will have a nice time.

Think of it as an underwater hot tub and you will have a nice time.

good advice.

Also yes, I would suggest hitting up blue-lake. Let us know if you do make you're trip. Maybe we could meet up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom