Belize or Roatan? Need info and opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Above posts pretty well cover it. There are other options, but from what you say you'd like them less. Probably your best bet would be AC.

I'm sorry, but "me and my dad" REALLY grates! Is this what is taught in Canada these days?

Thank you all so much for the input here! ive decided between Henry Morgan Resort in ORatan or the Reef House Resort....one is easier to get to with a package, the other sounds more intimate and fun but a bit toucher to plan the logistics.........PLanning to go in March since January is already catching up to us a bit too fast. Will keep posted and show pics when i get home

Read all the posts and decide to choose Barefoot Cay in Roatan and looking into Portofino in Belize. Somebody have any experience with one of them?

Portofino in Belize (north Ambergris Caye) is superb. If you have time, look into splitting it between there and Thatch Caye (private island south, off Dangriga).

Thanks peterbj7. Do you now by any chance if there is a reasonable flight connection between Belize and Roatan. I did not found anything until now. Heard that Atlantic Airlines de Honduras is closed due to any problems...

Check Taca for a Roatan to Belize connection. I am not absolutely sure they have one now, but they did once upon a time.

Thank you all so much for the input here! ive decided between Henry Morgan Resort in ORatan or the Reef House Resort....one is easier to get to with a package, the other sounds more intimate and fun but a bit toucher to plan the logistics.........PLanning to go in March since January is already catching up to us a bit too fast. Will keep posted and show pics when i get home

BeachBumGirl,
When you say that Reef House is tougher to plan the logistics than Henry Morgan, do you mean that Reef House does not package airfare and Henry Morgan does? Or is there some other logistic issue? I have stayed att RHR twice without a hitch. There may be other reasons not to choose RHR but logistics is probably not one of them.

[WIKI][/WIKI]

Southern Belize is becoming more and more known as a dive destination. There are a number of resorts on the cayes (Thatch Caye, Isla Mirasol, etc.) and there are 2 great mainland bases - Hopkins and Placencia. Hamanasi in Hopkins has an all-inclusive plan and has an outstanding dive operation. There are dive operators in Placencia that do a great job also. Mainland locations allow easier access to land excursions which are many. Ancient Mayan ruins, Jaguar Preserve jungle treks, river tubing, caving, just to name a few. Southern barrier reef diving is outstanding and perhaps some of the best in Belize, second only to sites on Turneffe and Lighthouse atolls. Glovers Reef atoll is routinely done from these mainland operations. Whale shark diving during full moon periods from Mar to June is also available. I'd recommend the south rather than Belize City or Ambergis Caye.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom