Belize or Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peter33

New
Reaction score
Hi All,

We're planning a trip to the Yucatan this November/December, with some diving included. Need some advice: should we go to Cozumel, or Caye Caulker is better for diving? We're experienced divers, and I really liked pictures and stuff about the Blue Hole. Is Caye Caulker really as laid back as they say?
Would appreciate any comments, thanks.

Peter

If you want to do anything above water I would go with Belize, the diving is pretty close either way.

I've been to both numerous times and it's hard to choose one over the other. But if I had to pick I would say Cozumel first, then Belize. Caye Caulker is as layed back as they say. The Blue Hole is an interesting dive, it's deep, dark and if not for the sharks kind of boring.

Been to both a number of times and liked both very much. In Belize though, we add a few extra days and go exploring. We staid at a B&B in Belize City and rented a 4X4 pickup and drove to the Belize Zoo - very much worth seeing. Also drove around the country an explored Mayan Ruins - lots of fun.

I agree with the above writer - I wouldn't base my trip on just the Blue Hole. Nice to have done it - but not a biggy.

Thanks, Guys,
you've been very helpful. We'll probably stick to Caye Caulker, and not so much to Blue Hole. Any more suggestions will be very welcome.
Peter

If you can get on a boat to the Turneffe elbow while you are in Caye Caulker, it is well worth the long boat ride.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom