Belize Diving, part 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Egner

Contributor
Reaction score
Just to wrap up, I have a few more comments about Hopkins Divers. Their boat was large and comfortable, and never carried more than 8 divers. Our groups of 8 always had at least two, sometimes three DM's in the water during the dives. While we were carefully observed, divers were grouped by experience, and I never felt shorted for bottom time.

Diving with my children was an eye-opener. Seeing my daughter at 94', with a Lionfish on the end of her spear, brought up some interesting emotions. Eating Lionfish at the end of a dive? Priceless. Here is the best shot of a Lionfish in my collection:

DSC_0304.jpg

I want everyone to know, I still consider myself an eco-sensitive diver, and I hold all creatures in high regard, especially Lionfish. I just can't eat them all by myself. :D

I just know there was something interesting in there...
IMG_0186.jpg

Zoe emerging from a swim-through:
IMG_0200.jpg

Nurse Shark at rest on the reef:
IMG_0201.jpg

I offered to take my new friends out for beer and pizza on our last night in Hopkins. Seated on left, Terrill Castillo, DM and instructor. You can trust him with your children. I did. Seated on right is Sam, one of the finest divers I've ever observed underwater. Sam instructed and guided the kids and I on two of our Lionfish dives; His only flaw is that he is a Philadelphia Eagles fan, but he was a gracious victor even after they slew my Dallas Cowboys during our trip. Next year, Sam.
DSC_0726.jpg

Great dive reports, congratulations to your new dive buddies, we are going to Belize in a few months.

My like is really a "thanks" for sharing
Diving with your kids provides for great memories....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom