Belize dives which to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you google "chuck & robbie belize" you find http://www.ambergriscayediving.com/ as the first offering.

No-one here offers truly "all inclusive" deals, but most operators will offer you a package of some sort. Chuck & Robbie are based at the northern end of town, ideal if you're staying that way though I believe they'll pick you up wherever you're staying.

Hello khough3, I'm not sure if you are still checking this thread before your trip, but i will tell you the Blue Hole is a pretty amazing dive if you choose to change your mind. I only had about 30 dives under my belt when I did it with Amigos Del Mar, but it was well worth the long 2hr boat ride...we passed a massive pod of dolphin on the way out, and thankfully were the very first boat to reach the Hole.

The DM's keep a very close eye on you and are very careful you don't pass 140 feet...the stalactites are unreal! People have said this dive is plain, but for me the best part was the descent over the lip of sand and into the dark blue water 400' below. The larger stalactites you swim between were nearly 20 feet tall...Once the dive was over and we were at the deco stop the DM's threw a barracuda head in the water and a group of 10-12 sharks went after the bait...it was amazing to hear the sound of the thrashing and flesh pulling going on under water and right in front of your eyes! While I'm not 100% sure what types of sharks we saw, I believe that there may have been a few bull-sharks in the crowd...Awesome experience especially considering the rest of the dives that day were off Lighthouses Reef.

Have a great time down there, it really is unBelizable!

blue_hole.jpg

Jeff88-

just sent a PM re: where to stay etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom