BELIZE CITY diving 6-30 to 1-30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billeelou

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
here we go:11doh: , looks like there is only 2 choices in Belize city for diving.... hugh parkey's cattle boats and the searles.the searls were my first choice but they have a 4 folks minimum..but I will be there solo on the cruise ship and am limited to the morning as the boat leaves at 1-30pm....so is there anywhere else? quick trip to caulkers' caye dive ops maybe??:06: cant do the fly and dive up north

has anyone gone on parkeys' excursions?? any help will be appreciated as I am headed out 24th of Jan

People quite often fly up to San Pedro, do two dives, have a relaxing stroll and lunch, and fly back in good time for their ship's departure. If you check the flights against DAN recomendations you'll see that they come nowhere near the threshold of DAN's concerns. I've certainly never heard of anyone having a problem. If you're a nitrox diver you can keep yourself even further from the limits.

"Cattle boat" is often used as a term of derogation, but it isn't well defined. What do you mean by it?

billeelou:
here we go:11doh: , looks like there is only 2 choices in Belize city for diving.... hugh parkey's cattle boats and the searles.the searls were my first choice but they have a 4 folks minimum..but I will be there solo on the cruise ship and am limited to the morning as the boat leaves at 1-30pm....so is there anywhere else? quick trip to caulkers' caye dive ops maybe??:06: cant do the fly and dive up north

has anyone gone on parkeys' excursions?? any help will be appreciated as I am headed out 24th of Jan

Honestly you are not gonna be there long enough and the crew is not the most organized and they will cost you time with tendering. My wife and I went on Hugh Parkeys boat. They pick you up right at the ship and they showed us a really great time. We loved the dive and the crew was wonderful.

Cattle Boat= lots of folks on one big boat trip....step off and follow the DM around, kinda like cows on the trail....Bo danker glad to hear it was good for you, I thnk that will be my choice and yes the GRAND strikes again...!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom