Belize - Caye Caulker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stu_in_fl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
newly land-locked in Cinci-freaking-natti
# of dives
I've been researching dive ops for a trip in Auguest to Belize - Caye Caulker.

The dive ops i've stumbled accross on the internet are all similar prices, so was wondering if anyone had been on any of these and if they found them good, bad or indifferent (or of course any other Caye Caulker ops) in terms of staff, service, boats etc. or if anyone has preferences for any reason....

Frenchies Diving Service
Paradise Down
Belize Diving Services
Big Fish Dive

Thanks,
Stuart

stu_in_fl:
I've been researching dive ops for a trip in Auguest to Belize - Caye Caulker.

The dive ops i've stumbled accross on the internet are all similar prices, so was wondering if anyone had been on any of these and if they found them good, bad or indifferent (or of course any other Caye Caulker ops) in terms of staff, service, boats etc. or if anyone has preferences for any reason....

Frenchies Diving Service
Paradise Down
Belize Diving Services
Big Fish Dive

Thanks,
Stuart
No answers yet, huh Stu?
Come on, there's gotta be someone out there whose has been to this area before.
Give us your two cents worth, PLEASE

Hi I stayed 5 days on Caye Caulker and dove with Belize Diving Services and their site is www.belizedivingservice.com I believe and they were very nice. They went to dive sites besides the barrier reef, which were very very nice. Turneffe North and South are awesome. I liked it so much that I'm taking my wife back there this summer and diving again with them. I think that they are the only shop on the island and the others are on Ambergris maybe.....not sure about though, but didn't really see any other shops on the island. Belize Diving Services were very nice with helping w/gear and they actually loaded/unloaded your gear on/off the boat, as well, they have a locked storage cage where you can hang your gear and also have freshwater rinsing drums. Their boat docks right up behind their shop so no lugging your gear (once you take it there) or waiting for a boat from another island to pick you up (unless you're going to Blue Hole). Anyway, hope this helps and have fun in Belize, it rules!!!

LakeScubaDiver:
Hi I stayed 5 days on Caye Caulker and dove with Belize Diving Services and their site is www.belizedivingservice.com I believe and they were very nice. They went to dive sites besides the barrier reef, which were very very nice. Turneffe North and South are awesome. I liked it so much that I'm taking my wife back there this summer and diving again with them. I think that they are the only shop on the island and the others are on Ambergris maybe.....not sure about though, but didn't really see any other shops on the island. Belize Diving Services were very nice with helping w/gear and they actually loaded/unloaded your gear on/off the boat, as well, they have a locked storage cage where you can hang your gear and also have freshwater rinsing drums. Their boat docks right up behind their shop so no lugging your gear (once you take it there) or waiting for a boat from another island to pick you up (unless you're going to Blue Hole). Anyway, hope this helps and have fun in Belize, it rules!!!
When this summer? We will be there at the end of Aug. - first part of Sept.
Come then and join with our group!

thanks - I contacted Belize Diving Services and worked out an itenery/costs with them.

I'll be there end of June!

Stu:
I completed my referral certification with Frenchie's on Caye Caulker six years ago. It's a while ago now, but Belize has some excellent message boards and there was a great deal of discussion about dive operators there which I found extremely helpful. As a result, I decided on Frenchie's and had a very good experience. The instructor, Bert, was very knowledgeable, patient, safety-conscious, etc.
I know there was one diver operator on Caye Caulker that some people had bad experiences with, but i cannot recall the name. you may want to check the belize message board and look at a diving thread.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom