Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

any reason you are not looking at the classic?

Weight of the unit. The first spec I looked at was unit weight. Instructor thought the OS would be a great unit for me. I’m not likely to be doing squeezy stuff for cave diving where I would need a SM unit, but wreck diving has priority anyway.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the new Spirit can be back mount or side mount similar to the Sidewinder.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the new Spirit can be back mount or side mount similar to the Sidewinder.

Orca Spirit is backmount. Sidewinder is SM. Don’t want SM at all. Buddy has both the Sidekick and the Sidewinder. Said the Sidewinder is a PITA to get into. Much prefers the Sidekick. The overwhelming consensus from everyone is the Orca Spirit is the way to go if you want to do any boat diving.

Orca Spirit is backmount. Sidewinder is SM. Don’t want SM at all. Buddy has both the Sidekick and the Sidewinder. Said the Sidewinder is a PITA to get into. Much prefers the Sidekick. The overwhelming consensus from everyone is the Orca Spirit is the way to go if you want to do any boat diving.
If you look a little more closely at both units (and especially pictures of the newer Spirits), you’ll see what @jvogt is getting at. He’s not saying you should get a sidewinder; he’s saying there exists enough similar parts that with some additional hardware and the new CL design from Mike, it is possible to convert.

Unrelated, three or so Spirits have traded on the domestic secondary market in the past year.

If you look a little more closely at both units (and especially pictures of the newer Spirits), you’ll see what @jvogt is getting at. He’s not saying you should get a sidewinder; he’s saying there exists enough similar parts that with some additional hardware and the new CL design from Mike, it is possible to convert.

Unrelated, three or so Spirits have traded on the domestic secondary market in the past year.

Yes, I’m quite aware of that. Where have the used units come up? I’ve looked on the Kiss Rebreather Divers FB group as well as the Worldwide Buy & Sell RB group. Only saw one on the Kiss group. Maybe people delete listings after the units are sold.

Yes, I’m quite aware of that. Where have the used units come up? I’ve looked on the Kiss Rebreather Divers FB group as well as the Worldwide Buy & Sell RB group. Only saw one on the Kiss group. Maybe people delete listings after the units are sold.
Your apparent combative tone to @jvogt posts do not jive with the understanding of the differences in the shape of the cans nor that of the counterlung.

Yes, the three were all on Facebook and the posts are since deleted. Mike Young has posted two that he's sold for friends in the past couple years as well. I'm not aware of any currently offered.

Your apparent combative tone to @jvogt posts do not jive with the understanding of the differences in the shape of the cans nor that of the counterlung.

Yes, the three were all on Facebook and the posts are since deleted. Mike Young has posted two that he's sold for friends in the past couple years as well. I'm not aware of any currently offered.

Bub, I don’t give a flying fig about the Sidewinder. I know what I’m interested in and SM units aren’t it.

I know what I’m interested in and SM units aren’t it.
Except that you frequently have firmly stated what you are interested in or not interested in and shut down any ideas that differed with yours only to change your mind later and then firmly state the opposite.:wink:

The point isn't to 'attack' you in any way. It is to encourage keeping an open mind and to look at many options before flat out deciding what is 'best' based on limited knowlege and experience. :)

Back
Top Bottom