becoming a moderator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
I want a name that let's me wear a groovy cape :crafty:

Is it true that when you become a MOD you have to wear you undies outside your pants??

cancun mark:
Is it true that when you become a MOD you have to wear you undies outside your pants??
External thongs?! Now there's a visual I wasn't ready for this morning. :11:

The only mod to wear a thong is H2Andy. Since his accident he has had to wear a special one... we call it a "dipthong". :D

cancun mark:

Mark,
That's a very antiquated garment worn primarily in the 16 and 1700's, it's called a "cod piece".

NetDoc:
The only mod to wear a thong is H2Andy. Since his accident he has had to wear a special one... we call it a "dipthong". :D
There's an skivvy survey for new Mods? :confused:

The Kraken:
Mark,
That's a very antiquated garment worn primarily in the 16 and 1700's, it's called a "cod piece".

I have always wondered what that particular garment had to do with cod fish... does anyone know?

cancun mark:
I have always wondered what that particular garment had to do with cod fish... does anyone know?

Many have assumed that the "cod" in "codpiece" referred to a fish. Because of modern slang usage, or perhaps due to total loss of touch with reality, some have assumed that "piece" meant a firearm. Such suppositions are as far from the etymological truth as can be imagined without rattan blow induced hallucinations.

Not a cod fish

In Middle English, "Cod" (or "Codd" in Old English, "Coddd" in Exceedingly Old English) meant "bag" or "scrotum", which led to some interesting moments when dining out at the Renaissance equivalent of Long John Silver's. "This is the tastiest codd I've ever had in my mouth" was a guaranteed show stopper, bringing about numerous jokes and a homicide or two.

that makes sence, if it really referred to fish, knowing the male ego it would probably have been called the "Goliath fish" piece

Not sure what any of this latest digression has to do with moderators ... other than perhaps inviting one to demonstrate our responsibilities.

Before this goes any further, let's remember that this is a family-oriented board ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom