Becoming a convert/dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dk2943

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
You may remember that I recently acquired a pair of ForceFin Pros. Shortly before, I had replaced my Mares Tris (blades) with Atomic splits. This past weekend, on a trip to Nassau, I tried out the FF.

Before I went, I studied the FF website and looked at the YouTube videos on the FF.

The size of the FF made it easy to pack them, which made things easier with wife. I arranged diving with Stuart's Cove. There were about 15 divers on the boat. One by one they commented about my "funny little yellow" fins. I explained what they were a few times, when the divemaster announced that many people had come to Stuart's Cove with those fins, and that all who had them, loved them.

Our first dive was at the David Tucker wreck. As I shuffled across the deck to the back of the boat to get in the water, I realized how much easier it was to walk with the FFs on than it was with either the Mares or Atomics. I jumped into the water and discovered the use of few different muscles that I was used to, but worked through that quickly. We all dove together and my first thought was that, even tho my fins were small compared to the fins others were using, I had no trouble keeping up. Then, as my buddy gestured me to him, I realized that that these fins really did accellerate, and with little effort. This was important, for, although the blades did provide accelleration, they did so at a cost of energy and air consumption, and the splits, well, they are fast when you get them up to speed, but rapid accelleration is missing.

By the way, the David Tucker is a sunken Bahamian Navy ship, but just a few yards away is the Tongue of the Ocean. An incredible wall that starts at about 40 feet, does a steep slope down to 60 and then drops straight down to 6,500! Wow, what a sight. I decended to 80 feet, the most that the divemaster wanted the group to go and looked straight down into a vast unknown.

When I came up, everyone wanted to know what I thought about the fins. They were all impressed and the divemaster effectively said that she told us so.

The next dive was Nari-Nari, a 20 foot dive to a half plane that was a prop from Jaws 4. There, the water was filled with yellow snapper, hundreds of them. Then I explored the nearby reefs until the water suddenly darkened to the point that it was too dark to dive. A check at the surface showed a storm moving in, so we swam back to the boat. I put air in my BC and back kicked all the way to the boat. I used a bicyle kick and got back very quickly. All in all, a great day of diving and now, I have to figure out what I am going to do with the Atomics!

the ha-ha moment quickly retorts with the "what was I thinking?" and "why did it take me so long to find these?"

now that you have found the light keep spreading the word. Great choice btw- Yellow Pros rock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom