Beaver Lake North Dam Site Park Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol I've done many a class in that lake before moving to GC.

Just got back from the lake. No diving.... everything is closed off. If you want in, you have to find and go through some private access. Several people have already been cited on Felony charges for "destroying government property" (they moved baracades) and "trespassing on government property". You can't park outside of the gates and walk your gear down to the water, or you're a felon.

Riiiiiiiidiculous!!!!

I can see the headlines now "Rouge Diver's Menace or Patron?"
It is really sad when its the property of the U.S. Government not People who pay for the property's with our tax dollar and should have 24 hour & day a week access.
That being said I wonder if you can still land by boat? And I also wonder if you can still pull off on the otherside of the road across from the Dam site and enter the water their?

If you want in, you have to find and go through some private access.

I don't know the area, but is there private access around? Could you ask the property owner? Enough people are upset about the way the government is dealing with this, that they may be willing...

Their is plenty of access all over the lake but none better for training and just gathering to meet friends and dive wrecks and the like and it just so happens to all be on Corp. property and the viz is better near the Dam area. That is why I would like to gain control of the park and turn it into a full fledged dive park....It's a pipe dream I have.

Just got back from the lake. No diving.... everything is closed off. If you want in, you have to find and go through some private access. Several people have already been cited on Felony charges for "destroying government property" (they moved baracades) and "trespassing on government property". You can't park outside of the gates and walk your gear down to the water, or you're a felon.

Riiiiiiiidiculous!!!!

This sucks! I wish I had a boat.

Isn't there a boat ramp out on HWY 12? I was just down that way this morning and saw an awful lot of boat trailers in the parking lot.

There is and according to the Corps of Engineers they don't mind if divers boat dive the ledges and they don't even mind if they drag gear on shore as long as they stay out the parking lot, bathrooms and picnic area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom