Beaver Lake North Dam Site Park Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveBF

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm hearing the North Dam site Park and picnic area where we all shore dive is closed due to the government shut down:depressed:... can anyone confirm?

Cheers!
Steve

I'm sure they all are... There are a couple of road side dives between the picnic area and the ledges though.... both take you to the cove where all the boats and platforms are.... and really... after some of the epic hikes I've done since moving to Florida you can always park at the gate for the Ledges parking area and just wear your gear as you walk down.... There are two cavern hikes here that are easily the same distance and NOT on pavement(one through a swamp)... wouldn't let a gate stop me from diving.

I am so tired of "our" lame jack holes in Washington.....that being said I say we divers should take over the park and make it ours! I'm going to look into this.
I guess Steve we can hit a few spots with easy walking into the water if you are still game.

I'm supposed to head down there these weekend before I head back home to warm sunny islands. I'll bowl down the gate ;-) Gov'na can't stop me from getting wet!!

I'm supposed to head down there these weekend before I head back home to warm sunny islands. I'll bowl down the gate ;-) Gov'na can't stop me from getting wet!!

you're from GC and you are diving here? be prepared for a big let down

Concerning the government “shutdown” and the US Army Corps of Engineers closure of the corps operated campgrounds and day use parks. This is political move by the administration to hurt the citizens of our country to try and make a political points. I see this as an application of the “stick” in the old “stick & carrot” routine. I think that the administration thinks that they need to apply the “stick” in order to correct the people that don’t agree with them. If we’d just agree with them everything would be fine. How do come to the conclusion that this is a political stunt? Simply look back at the past government “shutdowns” that we’ve had, we didn’t have these kinds of targeted closures aimed at the citizens.
Sorry if this is seen as a political rant, it was not meant as such.

Bill, I'm out of town this weekend but am for sure diving on the following weekends... I don't care if we have to hoof it or if we have a longish surface swim... I just want to dive... Screw the jackasses in DC

Bill, I'm out of town this weekend but am for sure diving on the following weekends... I don't care if we have to hoof it or if we have a longish surface swim... I just want to dive... Screw the jackasses in DC

Ya I'm with you like I said I have a good idea were we can go and have some fun. Be safe out their on the road later!

you're from GC and you are diving here? be prepared for a big let down

Lol I've done many a class in that lake before moving to GC.

Just got back from the lake. No diving.... everything is closed off. If you want in, you have to find and go through some private access. Several people have already been cited on Felony charges for "destroying government property" (they moved baracades) and "trespassing on government property". You can't park outside of the gates and walk your gear down to the water, or you're a felon.

Riiiiiiiidiculous!!!!

Thanks for the update on the situation at Beaver lake AR. My LDS, had our annual Pumpkin carving contest scheduled for 10/6 at Beaver, but have changed location to Stockton lake. The state park there is still open.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom