Beaver Lake New Dive Attraction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where did they sink it? We estimated it looked like a cove over from the heli/plane cove...

Where did they sink it? We estimated it looked like a cove over from the heli/plane cove...

We dove it a few weeks ago. Walk just north of the parking lot on the bluffs (north/east of the boat ramp) for easy access to the water. From that point Swim almost straight east. The boat is somewhere in this vicinity Google Maps at roughly 35 feet. For a 20' tall boat that doesn't give a lot of head room. Talked to Jim about it and it was originally sunk a little deeper, but they had problems keeping it down. They ended up having to stack a ton of rocks in it. :)

Not trying to be argumentative but are you sure about that? There has always been a house boat over there. That's where most people do certs from shore.... We thought based on the video it was somewhere close to helicopter cove or one over from there.

100%. At the time we dove it, you could tell it had only been down a few weeks given only the tiniest amount of silt across it's surfaces. I've been diving that cove for a few years. This boat is out past the metal training platform a few 100 feet to the east.

Someone has tied off a line/bottle to it as well. Not sure if it'll last, but you can see it from the shore.

The boat you may be thinking of is a double decker that was sunk a few years ago, however it's located SW of this location, south of the boat ramp.

I'll be at beaver again next weekend. If nobody else gets to it before, I'll dive it again on that Sunday and get accurate headings and points of reference.

Cool. We usually look for stuff on the west side of the bluffs. There's a platform on that side as well. May check it out on the 4th weekend. I'm waiting on a suit repair so unsure when I can go back down. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom