Beaver Lake April 11-12.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dan 28

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey everyone in the Midwest Region. My brother and I are heading to Beaver on the 10th of April. We're staying at C&Js so we can dive all weekend. I have been there a few times and have dove only the Bluffs and the Foundations/Muffler People by boat.

I have seen a picture of a memorial that looks like a diver that has been swallowed by the sand. Its a really cool looking site and was wondering where on the lake I may find it?
Also besides the Bluffs are there anyother shore entry sites worth checking out? Directions would be helpful also if its away from the Bluffs.
We plan on diving Friday afternoon, allday Saturday, and a few dives Sunday.

If anyone from the Greater Ozark Dive Society (Gods) or the Northwest Arkansas Scuba Club is following this forum it'd be cool to meet yall.

Diver Dan 28,
The memorial that you are talking about is at Dam Site North park on Beaver Lake. There is a boat ramp there and the memorial is a bit off to the right (south) of the ramp. I think it is in the 40-50 ft range. Look for some submerged trees, it is at the base of one of those.

Also, I can try to make either Saturday or Sunday, weather permitting. It sounds like Avonthediver from our group would probably be able to make it out there Friday or Sunday. I hope you can meet up with him, he knows the sites a lot better than I do.

Cool thanks. I think a few from our club may be heading up there too.
We will be checking in Friday afternoon, doing some skills in the water. Saturday its dive on, all day or till we're to cold to continue. Sunday were going to be leaving for Tulsa around 2-3 at the latest.
It'd be nice to meet you guys and have some more dive buddies in that area. I'll PM you guys my phone number.

Dan I'll be out on Friday for sure and I'll give you the lowdown on the area and I have a few homemade maps I'll share that will help out. Just PM me a phone number but I should be at Dam site most of the day.

Awesome meeting you guys this weekend! Thanks so much for showing me the memorial that was the cap to an awesome weekend!

Dan, it was great meeting you and your brother. Glad you had a good time. We look forward to diving with you guys in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom