Beaufort Dive Report 6/3-6/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlskill1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
WOW!! If you weren't diving this weekend, you missed it!
Saturday and Sunday seas were just about slick calm.
Saturday, we dove the Schurz and Aeolus.
Schurz was top to bottom vis, 78 degrees water temp. Lots of fish. there is a Goliath Grouper living n a Stern boiler so watch for him and get a picture.
Aeolus was a little cooler and vis was probably 50'. A few sharks but pretty all the same.
Sunday we dove the Sub and Spar. Both wrecks had a hazy green layer on the surface down to 30-40 feet then vis improved greatly.
The Sub was 78 degrees and vis on the bottom was near 70'. There is a large eel living in between plates near the base of the conning tower. He might be a brown green moray but please post a pic if you get one.
The vis on the Spar has improved greatly from last week. Once past the haze vis was 50-70'. Nice dive.
I am the mate aboard SeaQuest II. Come dive with us or drop by and say hello if in the area!

Last edited:
I am excited to be booked to dive on one of your boats next month. I haven't been out there in several years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom