Beaches in FLA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked up Pensacola and don't know if I will make it there this trip. If panhandle is not doable, then where else do you rec for decent beaches?

allenwrench:
Is Lovers Key one of the Keys? If so, where is it?

Lover's Key is south of Fort Myers Beach.

allenwrench:
where else do you rec for decent beaches?

There are excellent beaches all over the state, except for the Keys. Where will you be and what makes a beach "decent" for you?

Walter:
Lover's Key is south of Fort Myers Beach.

There are excellent beaches all over the state, except for the Keys. Where will you be and what makes a beach "decent" for you?

Thanks

Decent beach?

Nice clean sand, clean water, easy parking, don't have to fight crowds to lay out a towel on the snad. Lots more, but these are a few basic likes of mine.

I'll be going fropm Ginnie to Key Largo, then back up.

If you're down in the Keys, Bahia Honda State Park next to Marathon is okay. It's won a few awards for prettiness, though everytime I've been there it's been covered in wrack!

St. Augustine/Anastasia State Park Beach! Waves also make the beach experience a lot better (Surf, bodyboard, what have you). Just be careful of the sharks, man o wars, jellyfish, rays, etc. But seriously, my favorite beach.

Sandshaker, what part of PCB do you live in? My wife and I will be there this weekend (May 5-7) to do some diving. We live in Bham but I have dove out of PC for for about 7 years now.

Have you dove the Jetties lately? It's been almost 2 years since I dove them but we're gonna try and get a dive in Friday if we can get there in time for the tides. We're diving with The Dive Locker on Saturday...probably do the standard Bart/Bridgespan dive.

What interesting dives have you done out of PC? Who do you dive with?

I live on Front Beach Road at the west end.

I have not dove the jetties in a while. I wanted to this past weekend but the surf was terrible.

I like to dive the springs alot. Morrison Springs is on of my favorite. I have not dove that in a little while either.

My dive buddy is my Husband....

I hope you guys have a great time!!!!!

Any more questions do not hesitate to ask! : )

Sand - I hope you made it to Cypress Springs before it closed. If not, you can still get there, although you have to launch your own canoe in Vernon. It gives you a good excuse to drive through Ebro.
Most glorious water I ever saw - a couple of times, we even had it uh, private.

skubadad:
Have you dove the Jetties lately?

I dove em about 1 1/2 months ago, lots of sponges, lots of little fish. Dove at night with alot of surf so visibility was limited, but still alotta fun.

Tom Winters:
Sand - I hope you made it to Cypress Springs before it closed. If not, you can still get there, although you have to launch your own canoe in Vernon. It gives you a good excuse to drive through Ebro.
Most glorious water I ever saw - a couple of times, we even had it uh, private.

Its a short paddle, even shorter if you have a motor :) I'll be there this Sunday morning, its been a few months(since Dec) so I'm looking forward to getting back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom