Beach dive Opening Day Hollywood Beach (Aug. 6)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Who would like to join me for a two-tank beach dive off Johnson Street on opening day of regular lobster season, this coming Sunday, August 6?

I'd like to get out there early before there are too many boats. Remember, the folks who couldn't get time off work for mini-season are raring to go!

Here's what I would like to do. First tank: meet at Johnson Street at 7:30 a.m. and in the water by 7:45. Dive with the current along the ledge until we are low enough on air to need to swim back to the beach, then walk back to our cars (or if we swam REALLY far, you can watch the gear while I walk back and get my CRV to pick you and your stuff up.)

Breakfast/Lunch on the Broadwalk. You could pack your food or we could go to one of the funky eateries.

Second tank, now we're a little tired, this time we'll swim into the current until we are halfway done with our air, then we'll drift back to Johnson and crawl out, high five it, throw our bugs into our coolers and call it a great day.

Packing list:
lobster tickler and net and/or a snare
lobster goodie bag
light to peek under ledges
lobster measuring device
gloves
cooler with ice for bugs you got on the first dive, and beverages of choice
lobster license
money or plastic for meters and lunch
dive flag/float
two tanks if you want to do two dives (or you could get the first filled during our "surface interval")

OK, who's raring to catch more bugs? I need many more to win the Lobster Queen contest!!

~ Debby with a Y

Sounds like a plan, but won't commit until later in the week.

I really hope to see you, Jenny and Gooch!

And I hope we do NOT see Chris!!!

you do not mind helping somebody brush of some cob webs. I am an experienced diver with many dives and AOW as well Nitrox certifications, I have been diving since 1981, but I have not dove in the last year, and have not done a lot of diving in the past 10. I just had all my equipment serviced, I dive Oceanic Delta 4 reg. with Oceanic Computer and BCD, all in good working order. So let me know. As you said none of us maybe diving this weekend if Chris continues on its course, even if it misses us it could make a mess of the water.

Bzalmano, I have to warn you that our lobstering beach dives are pretty strenuous. I encourage you to get out there during the week to ensure you are in shape for the weekend. Even if all you can do is swim up and down the beach or in a pool with fins on, that will help tremendously.

And let's all hope that Chris goes the other way!!

Hmm Well I am going to show up with my instructor to do my AOW navigation dive then I can go out in the second dive with you guys..

I hope this storm doesn't come thru :|

I may not get over this weekend but I want to try this area.
Most of my shore diving over there has been at LBTS south of
Commercial pier. What is the best way to get to Johnson street
from say 595 and US 1 ? If the weather is clear and nothing comes
up I may catch a boat dive Saturday afternoon and check out this
Johnson Street area Sunday.

hmm its easier to go down 595 to 95 south, exit on sheridan st and go to us-1 , then once you get to johnson st light, go over one street and make a left..

remember august 6th is sunday :wink:

appreciate the directions, if I get over that way this weekend I'll
at least cruise over that way and check out the area !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom