Beach dive Opening Day Hollywood Beach (Aug. 6)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, checked my street atlas and found a Johnson St. on A1A south
of Sheridan and North of Hollywood Blvd, I should be able to find
it. If I'm over there and up that early Sunday I'll look for you guys
otherwise I'll definitely be there at a later date for a shore dive or two !

FastAttack:
hmm its easier to go down 595 to 95 south, exit on sheridan st and go to us-1 , then once you get to johnson st light, go over one street and make a left..

remember august 6th is sunday :wink:

Actually, take Sheridan St. to A-1-A, which is maybe 1-1/2 miles east of U.S. 1 :blinking:

Go south on A-1-A, a block south of the second traffic light (well I THINK it's the second, it's Johnson), make a left toward the ocean then turn left into the big lot. Remember to bring food for the meters. :14:

DebbyDiver:
Actually, take Sheridan St. to A-1-A, which is maybe 1-1/2 miles east of U.S. 1 :blinking:

Go south on A-1-A, a block south of the second traffic light (well I THINK it's the second, it's Johnson), make a left toward the ocean then turn left into the big lot. Remember to bring food for the meters. :14:

yikes it is a-1-a not us-1 I have it so programmed in my head already

:(

DebbyDiver:
. . . .

Packing list:
lobster tickler and net and/or a snare
lobster goodie bag
light to peek under ledges
lobster measuring device
gloves
cooler with ice for bugs you got on the first dive, and beverages of choice
lobster license
money or plastic for meters and lunch
dive flag/float
two tanks if you want to do two dives (or you could get the first filled during our "surface interval")

~ Debby with a Y

Don't forget to have your lobster license ON YOU in the water! FWC didn't like the "I left it in the car excuse" last year after coasting right on top my dive flag on a night beach dive. He told our group to start heading in and he would fine us if we had any in possession when exiting the beach. Not all officers are this anal but you might run into one that is on Sunday. Just put everyone's license in a waterproof pelican case and tie it off to the flag.

Good luck out there! hopefully, you won't have to deal with storm surge on Sunday :wink:

Chris, Chris go away and don't come back another day!

The only good thing about Chris coming is that the lobsters should be stacked up against the first reef by Monday.

Did I mention I'm off Monday? :D

Wys.

Fastattack, your car can just find its way to the beach on autopilot by now, you've been diving so much!

Cubanismo, you are SO right about the license, thanks for adding that!

Wysmar, if Chris hits, we are ALL off on Monday and we might not have electricity and net access, so maybe we should select a post-storm rendezvous right now, LOL!

I like the way you think Debby... It looks like Chris is weakening and the track puts it SW of Key West.

I suggest PM's with cell numbers right now.

Wys with a "Y"

OK, who's in? I know I posted it as a two-tank beach dive, but if anyone just wants to do one or the other, please feel free to join us! Right now it's looking pretty good for Sunday's weather!!!

Still undecided if I will get over that way but if the weather holds steady
I'd like to get over. Is there a dive shop in the area for fills ?

Coastal Marine is not very far, for airfills, and there may be others in the area that I'm not aware of. Let's hope for good weather, I want to get wet!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom