BDE in june

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raphus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We will go on the bde tour for one week and 2 weeks in a hotel.
I read that june will be 26-28 degrees in the water. Which is fine in a 5mm i guess.

Whats your experience eith temperature in june? Do you think 5mm is not enough?

Does the temperature change a lot at depth? I heared, thats not really the case.

Thank you in advance! Its my first trip to Egypt :D

I think 5mm is more than enough. I would wear 3mm myself if the water temperatures are between 26 to 28C.

I have been in BDE only in the winter time (23-25C) and I wore 5mm wetsuit.

I didn’t find much of thermocline.

Have fun in Egypt!

I was in BDE last June with a 5mm, which seemed appropriate for me on most dives. I'd even go heavier before going lighter, but someone else on our trip only wore shorts and a vest even though he brought more. This varies so much by individual, and it isn't just about comfort - for me, my already bad SAC gets noticeably worse as I get colder, long before I am uncomfortable.

I agree with Dan, no noticeable thermocline, although it might have just been deeper than recreational depth limits.

5 mm should be fine. Even with several dives a day.
I hardly remember any changes of temperature with depth. May be once, years ago, at a depth you are no longer allowed to go meanwhile... :oops:
Wehre will you spend the 2 weeks after your LOB?

5 mm should be fine. Even with several dives a day.
I hardly remember any changes of temperature with depth. May be once, years ago, at a depth you are no longer allowed to go meanwhile... :oops:
Wehre will you spend the 2 weeks after your LOB?
That sounds great!
I will pack a5mm and a 0.5 undergarment if its to cold.

We will stay at breakers in soma bay :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom