Bcj-4900

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamram

Registered
Reaction score
hi,

I just completed my OW and want to get my own BCD and this is a big thing for me so I need your advise regarding BCJ4900.

I went to one of the diveshop in my area and was interested in getting BCJ2100 when I saw this BCJ4900 hanging together with the other Tusa BCD's.I inquire about it
and he highly recommend it to me and I have no doubt that it is much much better compare to BCJ2100 since also I tried the same model from my friend before and I like it. Though it is a little bit pricey I'm thinking of getting it but my only concern is its age,the sales guy admitted as well as my friend that it is indeed 10yrs old already.

I willing to pay the extra 150usd compare if I get the BCJ2100 but would like to know if it is still durable to use considering its age. The unit is new, never been use, just a little bit dusty.

regards

Hi-
As you mention, the BCJ-4900 is a discontinued model. The BCJ-2100 is a current model. Each BC has specific features and specifications. If the BCJ-4900 is new and unused and has not been exposed to direct sunlight (such as a store window) it should be OK to dive once checked out by your dealer. Good luck.

hi thanks for you quick reply...I'm assured by the sales guy that it was never exposed to sunlight since the display cabinet is in the 2nd flr. and far away from the glass
wall of the shop.

Are parts for his model still avialble ? or parts from newer model will fit into it ? like the o ring's, inflator/deplator ?

tia

HI tia-
The inflator is interchangeable with the current model used and would be the only item that may require service or parts aside from other dump valves. Take the plunge and get in the water.

Back
Top Bottom