BCDs

Which BCD do you prefer?

• Back Inflate

Votes: 120 75.5%
  • Inflate all around chest area

Votes: 39 24.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a simple question. That is because there is a much greater range of designs within the the back inflate genre.

Personally, I dive a Dive Rite Transpac II with the 30 pound travel wing. I find that it is a really great warm water rig. Packs small and relatively light, very streamlined and comfortable. With this particular wing there is very little of the pushing forward at the surface that some divers find objectionable.

Just stick with the lean looking rigs: TPII, Seaquest Balance, Zeagle Escape, Mares Jubilee. Avoid heavy bulky tech wanabee bc's.

lal7176 once bubbled...

And dont forget the infamous BP/wing halcyon style.I figured you accidently forgot to mention it. :D

There once was a bricklayer that accidently dropped a brick on his supervisor's head :)

True, BP's are lean. Can't get much leaner. Enough other members around here want to promote them, why should I steal their thunder?

leadweight once bubbled...

There once was a bricklayer that accidently dropped a brick on his supervisor's head :)

True, BP's are lean. Can't get much leaner. Enough other members around here want to promote them, why should I steal their thunder?

It was just a little rib poke for you.I couldnt resist :D

I deffinately prefer a back inflate over the jacket style. It was less confining and afforded me greater range of movement. Some of the new BC's I've seen look more like body armor than anything else. Personally I like the more simple streamlined rigs. I'll have to check out the wing setup.

Divers

Call me crazy (and I might be ), but it really depends on the type of diving you do. If you are into taking pics or video, I find the jacket style to be much better than back inflation.

I also like the jacket when diving upside down to get pics or to look under overhangs. You can do the same with a back inflation, but it takes a lot more work, in my case.

As far as the jacket squeeze is concerned, I like that feeling ( I am kinky that way :rolleyes: ).

It's all about what makes you feel comfortable in the water world. Whatever it is, enjoy!

DiveOn
MM1:mean:

The design of the preferred back inflate BCD has gradually evolved to offer comfort and freedom of movement. It's tough for any new diver to choose because he has had no prior experience with this most costly piece of gear. There are only a few companies who actually manufacture BCDs. They make them for all the diving equipment companies and add features and embroidery as ordered. Almost all back inflate BCDs grew from the concept of the winged bladder but the idea was to increase comfort, and dexterity, add pockets and integrate weight for better ballance. Almost all of these types of BCD can be custom arranged by adding different amounts of weight offering neutral vertical body position at the surface. I suggest that comfort be carefully considered since a full wardrobe of scuba gear is going to be all over the frame of your body. P.

Ok I finally caved in and bought a dive rite rec wing and al backplate. Damn its like the vortex that makes half my socks disappear and propels you toward the inevitable assimilation. Next thing you know Ill be looking for a DIRF class .....Any way can I deduct some of this stuff, how about telling Revenue Canada Its for checking my pump suctions eh.... ya think it would work :)

Cherry

wow all kinds of information. I think I will have to consider the diverite back inflate BC. It will have to be bought once income taxes come in lol. As for different companies and size and stuff.. If we have got one allready that is larger then the diverite should it work ok? just wondering

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom