BCD Solution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thrive

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am starting tech diving (lightly), and am trying to figure out what to do with BCDs.

I'm about to be GIVEN a Dacor Rig Pro. I don't know if it's going to be of a high enough caliber to get me started. I was thinking about getting the Trans Pac 2, or an OMS system.

I am planning to dive longer dives, not deeper. So a set of twins and a deco bottle would suffice.

If anyone knows of a good deal on a Dive Rite or OMS BC, please help me out.

Thanks.

Check out a standard Backplate and Wing setup from Halcyon.

www.halcyon.net

thrive once bubbled...

Northeast scuba supply (http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/) has sales on dive rite from time to time. Actually I'm pretty sure they have one right now.

Cornfed

thrive once bubbled...
Hi all,

I am starting tech diving (lightly), and am trying to figure out what to do with BCDs.

I'm about to be GIVEN a Dacor Rig Pro. I don't know if it's going to be of a high enough caliber to get me started. I was thinking about getting the Trans Pac 2, or an OMS system.

I am planning to dive longer dives, not deeper. So a set of twins and a deco bottle would suffice.

Thanks.

From a "Been there, done that" standpoint, you should look into a backplate and wings setup if you are even lightly considering getting into tech diving.

I went from a jacket style to a TransPacII, before finally making the switch the a bp/w.

IMO, the bp/w setup offers the greatest flexibility, streamlining and modular ability of any other setup out there.

If at all possible, try to borrow or rent one to dive before making a decision. Keep in mind that it usually takes a few dives to adjust to a new setup, so be sure you give it a fair shake.

You'll likely end up regetting the money you wasted on anything else.

Thanks for the info. The Rig Pro is a backplate/wings setup. Did you mean something more modular than what Dacor offers?

It is an over-complexified, bulky piece of trash.

While it doesn't have the same safety concerns that a HUB may have, it is a true POS. D-Rings all over the place, except where they are needed. It needs modifications to go to doubles. It is, in the words of a different poster on here, a "wanna-be tech BC."

Go with a true backplate and wings - you won't regret it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom