bc/regulator or dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lal7176, WileDiver,Soggy:
stop being so lugubrious :0 I have contracts to dive several salmon farms with a crew of 4, i carry several types of drysuits every day (have to wear different types and they must be only dived in once and then seperately cleaned depending on the requirements of the pens..because a: to not spread virus’s, b; some require neoprene, c; some tri-laminate, depending on the water temp. and quarantine issues.)

It’s not an issue of unfamiliarity...not that i want to downplay lal7176’s technical efficiency his valves and extra hose...i’m sure it took a lot to master those valves....and earn that ticket. I sport dive with a wetsuit cuz i like the freedom. I’m freer in a wetsuit..i typically dive with experienced divers who cover more area in a dive. What i said about drysuit swimmers is my experience. also, i like the cold..i like to swim wide area’s...i like to swim underwater. I can stop and see anything, i know many occupants of various walls and crevices and stop in and say hello...and see more of it. I understand your opposition...that’s how things are...everybody has their terrritory, and everybody knows best.
At any rate...was standing on the dock throwing gear into bins...and this dive charter boat ties up at our dock. All these students with drysuits get off and hobble away like walrus’s....and then this BEAUTIFUL, AWESOME,knockout, etc.etc. brunette gets off...she’s the instructor...she’s wearing a drysuit and i can’t fully determine the eyepopper ratio of her body. Thats another argument for wetsuits btw. So we start to talk...and she’s hosting a drysuit class at this spot i know well, so she asks me if i’d come and dive and show her some spots i mentioned. I ask about gear because her school ‘Parksville Dive College’ sells gear at close to cost and i want a pair of whites grippo gloves, and they sell whites....and tell her i’ll be diving in a wetsuit. She says ‘wow, your making a mistake, i was diving today and at 35 metres if i was wearing a wetsuit it would have sucked all the heat out of my body core.’
Her mention of her body core gave me a moments pause...that and i dive that spot this time of year in only swimming trunks and have no cold problems. She said to me that they have a new type of whites nexus shell drysuit that is as streamlined as wet and she would bring one for me to try out. So, i’m going to try out this whizbang shell and who knows? maybe it’s all that...

Back
Top Bottom