BC for small woman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pegleg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a extra small BC for a 32 year old woman, 4'8" tall 65-70 Lb.
BC needs to fit around child size 12. Am having hard time finding child size BC or XXS BC to fit her. No one seems to have anything this size in stock to try on! Anybody have any suggestions?

Try the XS Zeagle Concept II. Have your LDS size it to it's smallest setting.

Or a Zeagle Zena. You're smaller than my daughter, but I think they may be able to configure one to fit. Send a PM to ScottZeagle about sizing their BC's for you, if it can be done he'll help you sort it out.

Several companies (DSS, Oxycheq at least) sell small backplates, slap on a harness and a wing and it might work out perfectly. Or maybe PM/email FredT (he's a member here) for a custom plate - that would guarantee a perfect fit. That's what I'd do unless your lady friend has something against backplates and wings.

Many manufactures are making XS size... XS size is alway pretty much on sale...

My g/f is 5 ' and 97lbs and uses the XS Zeagle Zena, and it fit her after a little adjusting of all the straps etc.

As a very small woman myself, I have to second the recommendation for a backplate and wing setup. A small plate (and a couple of manufacturers make them) coupled with the Hogarthian, one-piece harness, is an infinitely adjustable rig that WILL fit a small person.

It is extremely and persistently annoying to try to dive in a BC that is too big. I know this from experience. I bought a ladies small BC, and slopped around in it. The backplate and wing was a godsend for me.

Try on an XS Oceanic Isla. I am very petite and short, and many women in our dive club down here have them, they're brilliant.

We have tried some brands XS and they are too big, seems not all are sized the same! maybe XXS but no one seems to have it on hand to try out. Will look into BPW
if they will adjust that small?

Back
Top Bottom