BC for Photographers ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabear

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, Thought I might get the imput I'm looking for in this forum. My wife is checking
out a Zeagle Zena BC. Has anyone had trouble with back mounted BC's interfering
with vertical or horizontal positionig while photographing ?? She presently is using
a SeaQuest Diva and I've witnessed some interesting positions while getting " the
shot". Thanks

I can't comment about the Zena but I have no problem positioning myself and maintaining any orientation using a backplate with wing... which of course is back inflate. Works great for the kind of picture snapping I do.

scubabear:
Hi, Thought I might get the imput I'm looking for in this forum. My wife is checking
out a Zeagle Zena BC. Has anyone had trouble with back mounted BC's interfering
with vertical or horizontal positionig while photographing ?? She presently is using
a SeaQuest Diva and I've witnessed some interesting positions while getting " the
shot". Thanks

Wing and backplate is great for horizontal positioning. I find I'm quite balanced with camera in hand, even though my camera is a bit negative (see my profile pic). I rarely go vertical to shoot, but it has not been a problem either.

I think the most annoying thing of any BC for photography is the inflator hose. I find it is always getting in the way of my left arm when i bring up the camera for a shot.

I would recommend a BC that has the inflator on the left pocket with a dump valve on the left and right shoulders as well as the back right as opposed to the hose.

I believe scubapro and mares both make bcd like that. I also think that adding weight to the trim pockets at the back of the bc really helps to keep positioning

Back
Top Bottom