BC Alterations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue32

Reaction score
Does anyone in the DFW area know of a cobbler or tailor that works with BCs?
I need to have the cummerbund pleated on my new BC. Thanks!!

Congrats on the new BC. What kind did you get?

The cummerbund may be removable, if so you should be able to use any reputable seamstress to do the pleating. If you aren’t sure maybe your LDS can show you if it is removable. If it’s not removable hopefully they can recommend how and where to get the modification made. If all else fails, try extra Velcro. You can find it at any Home Depot, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart or the seamstress should have it as well. Tell your seamstress what you want to accomplish and see if they can accommodate you. Be sure to point out the air bladders and other points on your BC that need an easy hand. Depending on how complicated the sewing is they may be able to do it while you wait.

You might also try posting a “How To” in the BC area under equipment discussions and see what the world has to offer. Good Luck.

I got an Aqua Lung Elan. AL is discontinuing this particular model so I got it for half price. My LDS did recommend a cobbler that is a diver but he no longer works at that particular store. Less velcro is what I'm after, so Wal-mart wouldn't be of any help. Hopefully I can get the work done soon, I'm dying to get in the water!! :)

Blue...if you need to shorten the cumberbun, that's easy enough to do. Any seamstress with a heavy duty machine could handle it. Some clothes cleaners offer repair services.

A couple of suggestions....try the Yellow Pages under 'Alerations' and 'Shoe Repair'. I use a shoe repair shop to sew my DIY scuba stuff dealing with webbing and Cordura materials and they do a great job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom