Baykeeper Forum coming soon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brianmeux

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Good Divers,

This is Brian Meux, the kelp restoration project coordinator at the Santa Monica Baykeeper, just saying Hi. I've been out of touch with the board for a while, but I'm hoping to get back into it now. I want people to know what we are doing out there and want to start up a forum and calendar soon.

We have a kelp restoration project that has sites off Malibu and Palos Verdes. We are always looking for good volunteers and I encourage anyone who is interested in scientific diving, kelp restoration, kelp ecology, or boat diving our mainland to contact me. I am hoping to have a forum set up with calendar. We are an AAUS organization and there is a laundry list of requirements, the main one being that you must be a rescue diver (More details to come). Free boat rides, free air fills, and come learn the local marine ecology for free! You also don't have to worry about finding a buddy, as another volunteer or staff is on the boat to be paired up with. :D I used to be a volunteer for a year before they hired me, and I had a really good time with it.

smilies-35311.png
bananawave.gif

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

don
bananapiano.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom