Bauer Oceanus vs. Coltri Icon LSE 100 ET

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bento.Box

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello folks!

I've moved and there is no suitable scuba shop in my neighborhood where I can fill up my tanks. Therefore I'm planning to buy a small compressor. It should fill one or more 300 Bar tanks with DIN valves around once a week. 3 phase / 400V power is available. I've already talked with the other people in my house and there was no objection so far.

On my short list are currently (with autostop/autodrain and filter monitoring accessories):
- Bauer Oceanus
- Coltri Icon LSE 100 ET

The Oceanus is clearly the better compressor with more longevity because of it actually having an oil pump. I also believe the filter system should be better, but I live in the countryside and there is not that much pollution. However, after getting some quotes, the Oceanus costs around tripple as much, so there already is budget to replace parts on the Coltri or just buy a new one later on.

Which one would you choose and why?
Are there any competitors that I missed?

I'm based in Switzerland/Europe, people usually don't have compressors at home and the shops pretty much all have a big Bauer.

Thanks for your input!
David

Hi there,

I was also looking for a small compressor.
In the end I decided on an L&W 100.
The Oceanus was actually my dream compressor too, but after several phone calls with L&W I decided on the L&W.

Regards
Simpel

@Simpel thanks for your feedback.
I'm looking into LSE now as well. They look rather similar to the Coltris with the splash lubrication and the price.
What made you change your mind during the phone calls?
Are you happy with yours?

The L&W 100 can run through without the need to cool down.
The Bauer Junior 2 is not allowed to do this. This is where the Oceanus comes into play, which can also run for longer than 45 minutes at a time.

They say that L&W has customers who regularly run the 100 for 6 hours at a time.
L&W offers an option for a larger filter housing for the 100.
The block is made from one piece.
My compressor has now only run for 17 hours. So I can't say anything about durability.
I also ordered a Puracon Mobile, which always shows values between 18 and 20 mg.

The telephone contact with L&W was very good, they were very helpful and answered all my questions, which was unfortunately not the case with Bauer.

Back
Top Bottom