Bauer Oceanus storage box

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strata5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently purchased an electric Oceanus E1 and I'm looking to see if some sort of storage shell/box/enclosure exists for this compressor. Ive seen white (what appear to possible be plastic or fiberglass) enclosures that completely enclose the compressor from the elements, and that is what I am looking for. Or something close to it. I cannot find where to find one though?

Edit* This is what I am looking for- or something close to it. Any ideas?

c5.jpg

c2.jpg

Any help is appreciated!

I think the military spec Bauers came with those boxes (and the models are called NAVY). Not sure they are still made that way, it seems they pop up at government surplus auctions.

You could get it bent up in aluminum...
Or make it from plywood.....

Good idea: Thin plywood with thin aluminum sheets outside as cover, and metal profiles reinforcing the edges. There was a pic of a box like this somewhere in a RIX SA6 thread...

Or 1/8 aluminum
And forget the plywood,,,
If you can afford it,
Metal has gone though the roof over here,

Thank you all very much for the suggestions. I am not familiar on working with aluminum sheets, but it does seem like a pretty viable solution to make a box. I am trying to protect the compressor from the elements as much as possible. It's already going to be under permanent cover, but excess dust, bugs & critters, and possible sun exposure concern me- so i've got to do something :)

I'll give something like this a shot! Thanks!

I would get a fabrication shop to bend up a U shape the long way and weld in the ends for the top, and if you need a bottom, something similar..

Any decent fab shop can make something quite nice.
show them the picture or sketch of what you're wanting,

Or for something really cheap 1/2- 3/4 plywood, paint it inside and out,
keep on top of the outside paint and it will last a long time....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom