BAUER / MAKO ID help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suspected faulty 5hp 1ph 230 v motor, apparently it trips the thermal breaker after a few minutes. Will be doing a little more research

Motor details
20201015_195705.jpg

Suspected faulty 5hp 1ph 230 v motor, apparently it trips the thermal breaker after a few minutes. Will be doing a little more research
Either the overloads are too small or the motor is bad. A megohm meter will tell you.

Or the pump is dragging. Have you heard it run yet?

Either the overloads are too small or the motor is bad. A megohm meter will tell you.

Or the pump is dragging. Have you heard it run yet?
I have not. This weekend i will shoot for a test. Pump rolls easily by hand though if that makes it any different.

5HP or 3.7kW on a single phase is pretty impressive. Draws about 28 amps.
Is that done a lot in the US? Here, anything above 3kW is 3-fase.

That kind of draw should be on at least a 40 amp, 240 circuit. Get an amp meter and monitor thr running current draw. If it is basically around the motor rating, watch for a while to see if it varies much.
I'm in Ciincinati or I would come down and check it for you.

That kind of draw should be on at least a 40 amp, 240 circuit. Get an amp meter and monitor thr running current draw. If it is basically around the motor rating, watch for a while to see if it varies much.
I'm in Ciincinati or I would come down and check it for you.

I'm pretty far from an electrician. I'll be calling in a couple favors and friends to keep from burning anything down here! Purple to green? Perfect!

Took a closer look at the pictures again. I'm not sure if it has back pressure valve or PMV.
If it does, the pressure will quickly build to 140-150bar after 30 to 60 seconds instead of gradually build up to that pressure (without a tank connected to the fill whip).

The interesting part is how many amps the engine will draw when the compressor really has to work, when a tank is nearly filled to 230bar. Check if the breaker is not turning into a heater....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom