Bauer Junior II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not correct, but if you think this, okay. All my friend's Junior II compressors also eventually end up at atmospheric pressure. May take days, but it happens.
How does this affect the filter? Having no pressure in system, would it make the filter keep absorbing- meaning getting less fills out of a cartridge?

How does this affect the filter? Having no pressure in system, would it make the filter keep absorbing- meaning getting less fills out of a cartridge?
Does not seem to affect it. I have repackable filter and when I redo it, only about 50% at most of the molecular sieve is wet. This is running for same time as a normal cartidge.

Does not seem to affect it. I have repackable filter and when I redo it, only about 50% at most of the molecular sieve is wet. This is running for same time as a normal cartidge.
Wet as in that you can feel it's wet?

Bauer says electric they're only supposed to absorb 14grams of moisture and oil vapour before you change them

With a stainless repackable a bit more than that

So when you double that and account for humidity it's still far from wet

although the local shop usually waits until half the media reverts to clay of "Ghost" consistency

Does not seem to matter in mine. If you dont have a second filter, having the stack depressurize will probably cause a slug of humid gas to push into the tank when the PMV opens.

The small P0 filters are really very minimal filteration, which last (at best) in the summer 8 to 10 hours. Water breaks through them rapidly.

although the local shop usually waits until half the media reverts to clay of "Ghost" consistency
And you breathe that air??

I'm really surprised with what I'm reading here. Molecular Sieve can absorb at most 20% of it's own weight in moisture. Once it's saturated it will still look and feel exactly the same. Two ways to measure that:
  1. Weight - using a precise scale you can measure the weight increase from unused to saturated.
  2. Capacity - and this is how the Bauer Securus system works: the last part of the filter is a capacitor in the range of pico-Farads. The difference between a fresh and a saturated filter is a few pF and the Securus system measures that and shows you when the MS is saturated.
The process can be reversed, by placing a layer of MS on a plate in a microwave. If you fry it for 10 minutes (without getting discoloration!) and put it on the scale again, you'll see a weight decrease.

Once the MS is saturated, the passing moisture will start to affect the Active Carbon. When AC gets wet, it doesn't work anymore. The same goes for hopcalite - it's a catalyst that has a very long lifetime if it never gets wet.

Using a filter till the MS turns into clay will result in smelly air (I would describe the smell as sour milk) because of the non-working AC and the humidity in the air will start oxidizing the tank. If you use steel tanks, it will show flash rust at the next visual inspection. And you are breathing that?

Mate I don't breathe that **** their customers do

I did buy their young compressor when they went bust though

and who cares if your air leaks out over a period what do you think is going to happen
quick quick the atmospheric moist air is racing up my closed pipes and past the piston rings like demons to ruin them and saturate 3 grains of sieve and strip one minute of my filter life, are you people all right

I just opened my Oceanus drains and valves sitting dormant for three months and got a puff out of each

So you pressurise your comp open the pmv and bleed to flush air through the filter for a couple of minutes
before you start filling
so what are you talking about

and you should be more concerned or at least we are here with yearly hydros with that arsehole
sealing your tanks wet for rust than wet fills

Mate I don't breathe that **** their customers do

I did buy their young compressor when they went bust though

and who cares if your air leaks out over a period what do you think is going to happen
quick quick the atmospheric moist air is racing up my closed pipes and past the piston rings like demons to ruin them and saturate 3 grains of sieve and strip one minute of my filter life, are you people all right

I just opened my Oceanus drains and valves sitting dormant for three months and got a puff out of each

So you pressurise your comp open the pmv and bleed to flush air through the filter for a couple of minutes
before you start filling
so what are you talking about

and you should be more concerned or at least we are here with yearly hydros with that arsehole
sealing your tanks wet for rust than wet fills
Your Oceanus seems to be holding pressure in the filter housing, mine literally loses all pressure within hours. I kept full pressure (225 bar) in unit as a test, and it still leaks back through the intake filter hole to 0 bar. I open the drains & get nothing-This is a low hours unit, I’m not worried about the compressor -more so, the filters sitting in the unpressurised housing.

Wet as in that you can feel it's wet?
No, you can tell by looking at it that it has moisture in it. Everyone I know has the same set up and gets the same result.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom