Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
kate88

kate88

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi scuba world! I am collecting data on compressor operating parameters. If anyone on here owns a Bauer compressor, any model is helpful but especially a Vertecon or Verticus, please comment or message me! I am interested in knowing:

Model:
Age (years):
Hours:
Oil pressure while running:
Oil pressure when the compressor was new:
Depending on information received, I might have additional questions for you. This would be a huge help if any of you would be kind enough to take the time out of your day to respond!

I recently acquired a ca2001 IK12.14 based pump - so 23 years old, a little under 3800 hours. I've been seeing about 70psi oil on it, once it warms up, running on synthetic Bauer branded oil. If it's kinda cold (approaching the lower recommended ambient limit of 45°F) it will peg the oil pressure gauge at first.

No idea how this compares to new since I didn't own it then. The spec sheet for this block says that oil pressure should be "approx 5 bar" which by my google math is about 72.5 psi, so I think mine is right on the spec.

Can I ask what your goal is here?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom