Barong rental on Boracay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
"I'm going back to the Philippines".....(who remembers that song from the late 80s?) in December to a wedding....my daughter's wedding and I need to rent a barong. I'm 6 foot 175-180...so this ain't gonna be easy is it? Anyone have a loner? I'll let you borrow a Riffe speargun for a day in trade.

Hank drop by SM in Iloilo and you could get a decent one for about 40-50 USD. "Im gong back to the Philippines" by Menudo!! :D I bet you guys didn't know that Ricky Martin was part of that group hehe

I was hoping to go straight to Bora from Manila. This is a whirlwind, quick planned trip. I was just there in June...
Do they still play Anak on the radio? Freddie Aguilar I believe? That was one of my favorites.

Hank drop by SM in Iloilo and you could get a decent one for about 40-50 USD. "Im gong back to the Philippines" by Menudo!! :D I bet you guys didn't know that Ricky Martin was part of that group hehe
but isn't iloilo 4 hours away from bora?

maybe hank can try da mall? :D

you're about my size. could loan you one if you're dropping by manila. i was a few pounds lighter when i had it made though. no charge--just chuck the speargun =)

there is SM in metro manila! very near the international airport!

jai, the fact that you know who sang it AND happened to mention member trivia is so000 uncool...

Jag

yup sm parañaque. 5-10 minutes by taxi. your best bet.

in boracay maybe you could ask those photo/video coverage stores located at "da mall". i'm pretty sure they can help you with rentals.
i'd really reco hitting SM if you've got a couple of hours between flights... even better if you can check in at the domestic terminal then get a cab to SM paranaque (or SM mall of asia, they're equidistant roughly from the old domestic airport) and go to the department store and get a barong there

they have some pretty good inexpensive barongs in the filipiniana section... onesimus i think the brand... don't look baduy at all...

Jag

PS
or try arlington or paz... but i think the slit is in the back for these...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom