Bare vs Pinnacle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 6 Bare wetsuits and a Bare drysuit. Most of my diving is wreck dives in the great lakes. They all are well constructed, well made, and very comfortable. They come a wide range of sizes.

Over all, I'd say the bare size chart is pretty true to size: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/wetsuits/sizebare.asp

We seldom have folks have to change out sizes when they order one... and we pick up the shipping when that does happen, so if the chart was off... I'd adjust it since it's on our dime - but we've seen if you go buy the chart, and don't lie too much about your waist size:wink: you should be fine.

A friend of mine sells the pinnacle, and they look pretty nice, but I'm going to stick with the bare suits. They are great quality, ton of sizes, and the company takes really good care of me. Also, pinnacle is another of these, "Can't sell it on the internet or it voids the warranty" companies... So I'll stick with bare and henderson.

scubatoys:
Over all, I'd say the bare size chart is pretty true to size: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/wetsuits/sizebare.asp

We seldom have folks have to change out sizes when they order one... and we pick up the shipping when that does happen, so if the chart was off... I'd adjust it since it's on our dime - but we've seen if you go buy the chart, and don't lie too much about your waist size:wink: you should be fine.

A friend of mine sells the pinnacle, and they look pretty nice, but I'm going to stick with the bare suits. They are great quality, ton of sizes, and the company takes really good care of me. Also, pinnacle is another of these, "Can't sell it on the internet or it voids the warranty" companies... So I'll stick with bare and henderson.

Thanks Larry,
I've got the "gut effect" going on now. No 6pack but a keg! (working on getting rid of that). I called the store and taked to Ben and he relayed the same message about the sizing chart. It looks like I would fit a XLS. I'll call and order one up today.

BTW, your shop has been great when ordering anything and your staff knows customer service to a tee...great going!!!

Jeremy

Hey, Jer, not to hihack, but are you the one who brought the bananna pudding to the New Year's Day dive?

If so, No Fish wants the recipe.

the K

I haven't had a chance to dive a Bare, however, I did rent a non-Merino suit for a checkout dive about two weekends ago. I was diving a 5mil FJ in a 2X short. I liked the flexibility compared to my 6.5 Akona that is too big for me now. I was fine diving for about 40 minutes in 43 degree weather, 40 degree air temp. Of course, I'm more insulated than most....:D

The shop carries the Elite series in 7/5 in merino. It's going for $415!! While I'm sure that the suit is warm, that's a pretty hefty price tag....

I have the BARE arctic sgs 7mm. Im only 5'6 and 155lbs. I have large suit. made for a 5/10 and like 180-200 lb. and it fits really well. ( Not perfect ) its just a little long and a bit baggy in the legs for me. But I love it. its very warm and comfy

I'd give the Pinnacle a try.

I've had 3 Bare Wesuits and a Bare Drysuit. Their sizing is excellent. With the wetsuits, I never had a zipper last more than 50 dives.

Now I have Seaquest wetsuits, other than their color, They seem to be holding up well!

I have a pinnacle shorty which I use exclusively in the pool and I must say it is of poor quality. After a year using it in the pool, it already looks like a 3 year old wetsuit.

Thanks everyone
I've found a local Bare dealer and I'm going to take a look at the suits today.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom