Bare Trilam HD Tech - any opinions ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gorcio

Registered
Reaction score
So far, everyone I talked to about it, could only say ahs and ohs (apart from people using DUI suits). Is there any reason You wouldn't recommend it ? Or would You just say - go for it ?

I've got its little brother, and I'm perfectly content, so I don't imagine you'd go very wrong with it. :biggrin:

My self and my 3 buddies all have XCD2's and they have been excellent. I know several others that have the HD Trilams and they have had equally good experiences.

My wife dives one of those suits and likes it. I have an XCD2 that I love. We haven't had any issues with either of our suits. We saved a considerable amount of money over what we were quoted for DUI suits as well.

Shane

I dive a BARE neo dry suit myself...but have several dive buddies that use the suit you asked about....they are really good quality and functional....GO FOR IT!

I loved mine, almost as much as the guy I sold it to when I bought my DUI TLS-350.

:D

I bought one this past fall. My son has the XCD2. I have big forearms and interestingly, the Trilam was the only dry suit I could find that I could wear an undergarment on and put the sleeves on. I am clautrophobic, but bought the front zip. I like the tensioned waist. It makes for a more streamlined look and feel. It also dries fairly quickly, unlike the crushed neoprene.

My crushed neoprene dries overnight. I simply hang it up in a hanger upside down after rinsing and it's dry by morning.

Shane

It also dries fairly quickly, unlike the crushed neoprene.
My crushed neoprene dries overnight. I simply hang it up in a hanger upside down after rinsing and it's dry by morning.
And here we see two different concepts of "quickly". :D

To me, my Bare Trilam ATR Light dries "quickly" -- if it's not raining, it's dry in a matter of minutes. Anything that takes longer than a surface interval (and a short one at that) to dry is nowhere near what I consider "quickly".

On the other hand, compared to my neoprene wetsuit boots, overnight would certainly be "more quickly", but to me, that would be comparing "glacially slow" to "slow as a turtle". The turtle is blazingly fast if you measure it with your glacier-tracking surveyors tools, but you don't need a radar gun to measure it -- a ruler and a stopwatch would work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom