BARE Reactive 5mm wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shrkdive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone tried the new Reactive line of wetsuits from BARE? Is it all marketing or do they actually provide better warmth?

This is another example of snake oil. There is a lot of info on the internet about what a scam this is, just like the "titanium" and many others before it. Ignore the sponsored sites and look for impartial reviews. Bare makes a good wetsuit, don't get me wrong, but this is just marketing BS.

I have a 7mm with a few dives and I like it. It replaced a 2005 Bare Arctic with 300+ dives on it.

How much the material technology contributes is something nobody here can objectively answer. Personal fit will be the defining warmth factor.

For instance water entry in the feet was noticeable on my first dive with booties. For the 2nd dive I added dive socks and interleaved the socks, suit seal, booty and outer suit and never knew I stepped in the water the whole dive. My Arctic alone was always tighter around the ankles making socks a seasonal item. You can see here how a slight variation in cut within a brand drives optimization.

It's is a very comfortable suit but some of that is at a cost of compression. That will probably dilute any material benefits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom