bare next gen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cchuckie51

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i have a chance on getting a slightly used suit for a good price
but i am little worried about size
the suit is xl and has underwear with it and rock boots
iam 5'9" 200lbs
and don't know if this will be ok he doesn't live near me so it's not that easy to just try on and i was wondering about fir in water will this be to big and cause floatation problems
any one here have one of these
iuse a farmer john 7mm right now and do most of my diving in quarry 47 degrees
thanks for any info:shakehead:

You can check the size chart on bare's website and see. Do be aware the waist measurement is in fact not in inches, never mind what it says (and bare's manyals say), it is in fact US pant size instead. Why they don't fix this, I don't know. My LDS had to call them to learn that bit given when I was ordering a drysuit every measurement was perfect except the waist which was way to small in the size chart, but perfect once we learned it was pant size instead. It might be in inches for the wetsuits, but it sure isn't for the drysuits.

Most likely the XL is too big. I just got an ML (medium large) and I am 5' 11" and 190#. You do not want it very loose since that would make it very hard to control the air in the suit.

that was my thought too
but just figured i would through it out there
thank you:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom